[*Chapter Thirty-Five*]

Darcy zips up her combat boots and fixes her leather jacket

Darcy zips up her combat boots and fixes her leather jacket. Ruffling her hair, she blows a kiss at her reflection in the mirror. "Come, Girl, we can do this. Put your big girl panties on. We've got a story to tell." Pocketing her keys and phone, she saunters out of her bedroom and skips down the stairs.

She smiles fondly at Jeremy playing on the Xbox. Walking over, she wraps her arms around him and kisses his fluffy head. "Love you, Baby Bro."

"I'm not a baby anymore. I'm turning into a man," he flexes his arms and pats his growing abs.

"Whatever you say, kiddo. You'll always be my baby bro, man or not." Darcy snorts, standing erect and pats his head before walking over to Jenna, kissing her cheek.

Jeremy yells, throwing the controller on the couch. "What? No... Dammit! You made me lose," he slumps in his seat, peering over at his sister and Aunt, noting their attire. "Hey, where you guys going?" he asks, scratching his stomach as he stands and walks across to them.

"The Grill for much-needed girl time," Jenna fights to close her bag. Losing the battle, she shoves it in his arms. "Want to be a man? Use those growing muscles and close that damn bag before I stab it," she grumbles with a whine and then spins, flicking Darcy on the forehead when she laughs.

"Damn, Jenna. When did you get so violent?" she chuckles, rubbing the red mark forming on her head.

"That's what happens when I've been around you too long," Jenna mutters, slipping her bag over her shoulder and buttons her jacket.

"Wow, so callous. I love it," the raven-head comments, clapping her hands. She claps Jeremy on his back. "Alright, Baby Bro. We're going. Lock the doors, and don't let any child nappers snatch you."

"I'm not a child!" he protests, rolling his eyes.

"You're fifteen. That makes you a child."

"Uh-huh, same for you."

"Nope, I'm 18. That makes me an adult."

"You can't legally buy a drink until you're 21."

"Tell that to Jenna when she spikes my drinks."

"Hey! Don't sell me out!" Jenna yells, smacking her arm. She points at Jeremy. "We never spoke of this, got it?"

"Can't hear you, la-la-la-la," he sings, sticking his fingers in his ears as he makes his way to the door and opens it, "Out. Get out, you weirdos'. Get drunk, sing karaoke, do whatever old people do."

"What crap is this, Jen? Getting kicked out of our own home," Darcy mutters to her Aunt as Jeremy shoves them outside.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Bye," the fool slams to door in their faces.

Darcy kicks the door, hearing the lock engage. "Next time, I'll make sure Jenna pisses in your bed, you ungrateful brat!"

💜🖤💜