[*Chapter Thirty-Seven*]

Darkness is coming

Darkness is coming. You must prepare to protect them.

"How?"

"Fight and stay strong. You will conquer all that is thrown your way."

"To save her, I had to save them," she said to them while peering at Darcy. "Just like Darcella will do."

"Who do I save?" Darcy asked.

"Elena. Catastrophe follows in her shadow. To save her, you must protect them."

"Who are them?"

"All will reveal in time."

Ever heard the saying calm before the storm?

Darcy has, over time they had become the best of friends. While the storm calmed the raging beast inside her, the calm signalled her alarm bells to ring. So, when she woke up that morning and heard the tomb vampires had escaped last night and seen the angry, dark skies covering Mystic Falls. Her body thrummed with foreboding, she knew.

Darcy skipped over to her closet, heaved out her large black duffle bag and dumped it on her bed. Bouncing back, the Huntress pulled out a pair of ripped skin-tight black jeans, a black top, a zip-up hoody and her laced up black combats. Gathering the items, she made her way to her and Jeremy's shared bathroom, proceeding with the morning routine.

Twenty minutes later, a dry and clothed Darcy stepped out of the bathroom and sauntered over to her vanity table, picked up the hairbrush and began to brush through her silky raven strands, platted them into a single long braid, hanging off her right shoulder. Pulling the cap off the red lipstick, she began to apply a generous layer to her puckered lips.

Once satisfied with her appearance, Darcy shifted to her bed, unzipped the duffle with a dexterous flair, then tugged out two russet leathered thigh harnesses, fastened them, and slipped three throwing knives into the right and two stakes into the left. A smirk pulled at her mouth as her slender hands attached a spear arrowhead to the sleek ebony crossbow.

The Huntress made sure she had additional gear, her bike keys and her phone pocketed before sliding on her leather jacket and hauling the zipped duffle on her shoulder as she left her bedroom.

The smirk remained in place as she fastened the bag onto the back of the motorbike and climbed atop. It stayed rooted as she strapped on her helmet and floored it out of the driveway, down the vacant street. All through the drizzling rain until she pulled up outside the Salvatore Boarding House.

She could feel it in the air. Something was coming, and the Protectress is prepared.

To save her. She needs to protect them.

Ascending the bike, Darcy unstraps the helmet and slips it off her head, settled the helmet in the crook of her left elbow and patted down the static hairs. She unhooks the bag, slings it over her right shoulder and strolls over the large brown door. Not bothering to knock, she sauntered inside, down the hall, stopping when she comes to the parlour entrance.