[*Chapter Sixteen*]

Enjoy! 🖤

Enjoy! 🖤

Darcy had just slipped on her jacket when her phone rang. She sighed, ruffling her locks and picked it up off her bed then grinned seeing the caller's name flashing on the screen.

"Darcy's answerphone...Please leave a message after the beep......beeeeep."

"Really? You're an answerphone now?" Stefan's voice filtered through the speakerphone.

"Darcy said leave message after the beep." She covered her mouth so Stefan couldn't hear her chuckling.

Stefan huffed amused. "You know I can still hear you, right?"

Darcy stamped her foot like a child having a tantrum. "Dammit, Stefan! Why you gotta ruin my fun? Actually, why am I even talking to you? Best friends are meant to share important details like you know BIRTHDAY'S!"

"I've had enough birthday's they lose the appeal after a while."

"But this is a special day...It's not every day you turn 162!"

Stefan groaned. "Please, don't remind me. I've got plentiful with Damon and Lexi chewing off my ear off about a party."

"But it'll be fun..." Darcy pouted at herself in her mirror, the paused. "Hold on...who the hell is Lexi?"

Stefan coughed. "She may or may not be my other best friend...."

Darcy's eyes widened with disbelief. "Best friend? When did I get replaced? Who Is she? Is she better than me? Is she hot? Stefan...Stefan?" She pulled her phone away and scoffed. The leech had hung up.

'Yeah, you best hide. You will after I've finished with you.'

Elena knocked on the door and stuck her head around the door, seeing her sister rant to herself in the mirror. "Are you talking to yourself again?"

Darcy spun around on her boot heels, puckering her red lips. "Elena! Your boyfriend has replaced me!"

Elena stepped in the room, confused. "Replaced you?"

The raven-head bobbed her head up and down. "Yep. He has another best friend."

"I didn't know Stefan had friends."

"Hmm. Exactly, and that's why we are going to find out." Darcy said, grabbing Elena's arm and dragged her down the stairs, then shoved her into the passenger side of her car.

"Wait! Where are we going?" Elena protests, catching her jacket that was tossed in her face.

"We are going to the traitor's house," Darcy replied, shutting the door. She rounded the car and slipped behind the wheel.

"But I don't want to go," Elena whined, as the huntress kick-started the engine and sped down the street. The middle Gilbert is still upset about her and Stefan's on and off relationship.