[*Chapter Seventeen*]

A present from me to you! Happy Holidays!! 🎁✨

Caroline and Elena chatted as they headed to the first class of the morning, pushing through the school doors the brunette couldn't help but ask about the ongoing fight the blond was having with Bonnie.

"Have you even talked to Bonnie?" Elena asked, from what her sister said, the two had a big fall out.

"No. I'm mad at her. She needs to make the first move."

"Be the bigger person." She said as they treaded through the crowded hallways.

"Impossible in her presence."

"Why are you so pissed at her anyway?" Elena rolled her eyes at the blondes typical stubborn fashion.

"She's a thief. That's why. I gave her my necklace, and she refuses to give it back. It's a matter of principle... Didn't Darce tell you what happened? I mean, she was there."

"You know Darcy she won't stick her nose where it doesn't belong unless it involves her, or the fam."

"True, where is she anyway? She's normally here by now." Caroline said, pondering where the spicy girl was.

Elena shrugs, keeping her gaze ahead. "I don't know she's been acting strange past few days, in and out of the house. I'm not sure what's going on with her these days."

Blue eyes narrow in worry for her friend. "Do you think she's gonna run away again...I mean, she did the same after your parents died."

Elena frowns thinking back to when Darcy would disappear for hours, they weren't sure where she would go but often came home appearing dishevelled, similar to now, only this time she's taking Jeremy with her. And that's worrying because the last time they practically ran away to their families cabin. "I don't think so, well, I hope not."

"Also, where's Stefan?" Caroline asked upon noticing my lack of attention.

"He's avoiding me."

"Why?"

"It's complicated." Tension seeped into her voice. "I'll see you later."

"Bye." She called as Elena scurried down the hall.

Stopping at her locker, she grabbed her books and paused, looking down the corridor and saw Tyler was walking towards her.

"Elena, hey um...have you seen Matt?" Tyler asked as they stopped beside her.

"Uh, yeah he was outside. Why? Is everything okay?"

Tyler nodded. "Yeah, he just, it's just that he hasn't really talked to me since the whole Vicki thing."

She tensed, cursing her sister for putting her in this position. Darcy's usually the good one when under pressure. "Oh, well I hope you guys can figure something out." Closing her locker, she turned to face him.