Let him do what he has to

"You talked to him??" Francesco said. We just hung up from the talking to the cop and he told Francesco that I talked to Barrie two days before he came over. I completely forgot about that. Or I would have told them. I wasn't trying to hide it. Because we didn't talk about anything that had to do with him coming over. "Yeah but I didn't even mean to answer it, I didn't look,I just answered." I replied. "Geez. I should have known.." Francesco said.

"What do you mean? It's not like I talk to him daily. It was one time. And I wouldn't have answered if I knew it was him." "But what could you possibly have talked about for an hour?!??" "Just stuff, I barley even got a word in edgewise,he kept talking about his music and his friends and that's it. Don't be mad, I just didn't think it was a big enough deal to tell you."

"I'm not mad. I just told you talking to him is never going to end up good, and look what happened. He's only getting two years. That's bullshit. He should be getting at least 5, if I were deciding he'd be in there for life." Francesco said getting up.

"I'm sorry. I didn't talk to him once after the phone call..." I get up and walk over to Francesco. "You didn't talk about him coming over here right?!" He asks. "No! You know I wouldn't do that. I didn't want to see him,it was all just a big mistake." "Okay. Well let's go tell everyone else." Francesco said. I kiss him then we go to chucks room.

"What happened? Any news?!?!" Chuck said walking out of her bathroom. "He got two years." Francesco said. "WHAT??? THATS IT!" Chuck yelled. "2 years is fine Chuck, At least it's not one." I said. Chuck scratches her head then says "I just don't get it. He should be in there for much longer. Look what he Fucking did to you!" She said holding my wrist. "I know..but I'm just happy he's behind bars."

My mom and dad walk into chucks room, I guess they heard Chuck yelling. "What's going on?" Dad says. "The police called us this morning and they said the court gave Barrie 2 years in prison." Francesco said. "Two years?!"mom said. "That's it?!?? Oh my god I want to kill them all!!" Dad says. "Guys it fine! At least he got some time!" I said.

My dad notices my wrist's because he hasn't seen them yet, and he holds it and says "did he do this?" My mom gasps and covers her mouth. "Yes..." I replied. "That's it. This isn't fair. I'm going to talk to them myself. And if they won't do anything I'm getting a restraining order against him." Dad said walking out the door. "Dad wait! You don't need to do that!" I said following behind him. He grabs his keys and heads out the door.

"Mom are you not going to stop him!" I said. "No. I don't blame him. Baby he needs to do what he needs to do. You need a restraining order from him anyhow!" "Lana it needs to be done." Chuck said. "Ok...whatever. I just want to be done with all of this." I replied. Francesco hugged me then we sit on the couch. "I'm gonna go get breakfast." Chuck said. "I'll be back" she added.

I lay my head on Francesco's chest and sigh. My mom is getting ready and Chuck is still out getting us food. "It'll be over soon baby I promise. Then everything and everyone will go back to normal." Francesco said rubbing my back. "Thanks babe. I hope so.. I just hate seeing my dad so upset and Chuck, Chuck is never like this!" "They'll be fine. They have to process it too, they liked barrie a lot."

Francesco, Chuck, my mom and I are eating at the table when my dad walks in. He looks so stressed. "How did it go?" My mom asks.

"I yelled at them for about an hour, then they kicked me out because I was mad that they weren't doing anything, then while I was walking to my car I saw them in the back putting barrie on the bus to take him back to California I guess ,so I walked up to him and punched him in the face and told him to never talk to or touch my daughter again,then walked away."

All of our mouths are open and we're just sitting there in shock. "I can't believe you hit him...." Mom says. "I can. He deserves that and more. I feel a lot better now." dad says.

"Wow. Good job dad!" Chuck said. "Did he say anything?" I asked. "Nope, if he did I would have punched him again. Oh and before they kicked me out I got the restraining order papers." He said pulling them out of his pocket and handing them to me. "You just have to fill it out." He added. "Okay, thanks dad. I love you" I replied. He gets up and hugs me "I love you too honey."

Everyone is in their rooms "I'll be right back" I said to Francesco. "Okay." He answered. I get up from my bed and I go to my mom and dads door and knock. "Come in" dad says. I open the door and walk inside. "What's up hun?" Mom says. I sit on their bed then say "thank you both, for coming here, and for everything you've done. I don't want you guys to keep worrying. He's in a different country now, and in prison. Francesco will take care of me."

"We know, we just hate to see you like this, look at your wrist." Dad said. "And I know you're more upset about it then you make it out to be." Mom adds. "I am...you're right...but the more I think about it the more sad I get. The fact that he would do that to me when he said he loved me...I just can't even explain how I feel. But I'm working on it. I know it'll get better." I said.

My mom holds my hand then my dad says "he needs help. He doesn't know what love is. They're putting him in a rehab after his time is up. I paid for it."Dad said.

"They are?! You did?? Wow..that was so nice of you dad. I'm so glad they are...he really needs it." I said. "He does. I hate him with everything I am but who know who else he'll do it to if he doesn't get the help he needs."