2. Handsome Street goon (edited)

Start from the beginning

I said, hitting the first one, at his calves twice riled up at his earlier comment.

They looked pleadingly towards their leader, who gestures them to leave through his eyes. Well, he'll be the one at receiving end of my wrath today, blame my bad mood. Yes, I am a big moody, you can't blame me.

After they fled away, I turned towards the handsome goon, the definitely gorgeous one at that, only if his deeds were better too, I thought and sighed.

"Oyye, gall sun, chnga bhla a dekhan ch, a galat kamman ch kyo fassya, educated b lgda, kyo avda and ehna bachya da future barbad karn te tullya, meri gall mann, syana bann and avde aap nu and ehna bachhya nu surrender krade, I'm sure koi vdda crime ta tere to vaise b hoya ni hona, bholi g shakl a, mere uncle ne local police station ch posted, m poori help kru, manni di hundi a, right. Do char dande pyye ta khaali koini. Zindagi sudhr ju, chall." I said without looking at him, and all the while staring at the crowd, who stood flabbergasted at my speech, including the junior goons, those two.

*(Oh!, you listen you look good enough to do these filthy things, you seem educated too, so why are you spoiling yours and those kids future. Listen to me ,think wisely and surrender yourself and those boys too. I am sure you must haven't commited something serious, and you carry such an innocent face. My uncle is posted at the local police station, i'll try my best to help you. If you receive a few blows take them silently. You will lead a better life ahead. Come on let's go).

I gave a proper look at the senior goon standing in front of me, who was looking angry as hell, pinching his nose bridge.
With those dark eyes and slight stubble on his defined jaw, standing at good 6 fr. or something with those taut muscles revealed in his tight shirt, he was the living example of perfection.

Why was he angry though? I didn't offend him anyway. I used decent words, too decent for such a person.
Or was it because i didn't list his hardworks properly?

He gave a look that meant to kill, and turned in the direction of his vehicle, maybe leaving leaving. I went after him, to convince him, I really wanted to help him, but he continued his glares at my voice and sat in his jeep and left towards his destination, which must be their secret adda, I'm sure.

People among the crowd started dispersing giving me a look as if I was some mad woman. And I was waiting for what, for him to come back and accompany me to the police station like a fool i was I stood there, staring into space.

I was startled by the sudden voice at my back.

"Hey". A woman said. Well she's beautiful, or I should say gorgeous.

"Hi" I replied.

"I live nearby, and came after hearing the commotion."
She pointed at the mansion like place, nearby, looking amused.

"Oh" I managed to say.

"And who are you, I never saw you before",
she asked me, looking clearly curious.

"Of Course, I'm not from here.

I am Navneet Kaur Dhillon, from Bathinda. I am friends with Simrat, she lives in the next lane, and I am waiting here for rest of my lazy buddies to give her a surprise visit on her birthday. You see they haven't arrived yet, and after seeing, actually creating this ruckus, I'm sure birthday girl must be aware of my presence here."
I explained sheepishly.

She laughed at my expanse.

"Well, you can wait at our place, till rest of your friends arrive, it's getting cold out here, and it's not safe outside you know,"
she said as if trying to convince me, but we don't even know each other.

I was really wondering, who would actually invite practically a stranger to their house.

Well, after trying to deny her countless times, I joined her for a short stay, at her place.

The place looked exotic, and I was excited to see it from inside. And as expected, it was beautiful, a combination of modern and ancient punjabi culture, vast living room with beautiful paintings and family pictures.
I was amazed at what I saw.

Well, they appeared like a typical punjabi family, just like ours.

I was offered tea and snacks, being the always hungry foodie I am, I caught my delicious prey.
Well the person can cook, I must say, these are awesome.

All the while, I ignored the curious presence, who was keenly observing me, as if I was some jigsaw puzzle. I too can't wait to find the reason behind this curiosity, and also the tight security arrangements, but I will keep mine to myself, and wait for her to unfold it, by herself.

"So, what do you do, Navneet".
She asked.

"Um, I am a student, pursuing post-graduation in English literature"
was my answer, after i cleaned my face from the remnants of food.

" I am Ravneet kaur Randhawa, elder daughter in law of this house."

"Oh, I was wondering, where are others, or do you live alone."
My curiosity asked.

Ofcourse, its yourself.
My mind rolled its eyes at me, as if it had.

"No, we are a pretty big family.
Currently, elders are out for a close family function, husband at some work emergency, baby at sleep, and my brother in law is out for meeting his friends."

She explained smilingly.
I smiled in return as my attention shifted back to her.

"Why is there so much security, around?"
Asked my curious self.

"You don't actually know, I should've guessed that".
She said, murmuring the last part. Well I don't clearly.

And she stated ignoring my expressions,
"Well, this is Shivender singh Randhawa's family residence. The famous politician and businessman.
He is really respected around and holds a great deal of power. So for protection aspects they help us."
She said pointing to the hard looking people looking around the vast gardens visible through the french windows.

Ohkay, now getting that, they are the famous Randhawa's.. known for their contribution in political world and business and social works, be it business, or fashion industry, even charity, their names are always ahead. And, I didn't recognise them, coz I never cared to know about famous people.

"Well, tell me something about your family, Navneet." Ravneet probed.

"I've mom, dad, my grandparents, an elder brother, bhabhi and a niece. My father is in farming and my brother is an industrialist".
I explained.

After saying a small 'nice', we went on talking, till she heard the cries of her baby, leaving me all alone, still waiting for my stupid friends.

"By the way, are you single?"
She asked turning towards me. To which I shook my head in a yes.

And she grinned, mumbling a 'great' looked relieved. And she skipped the stairs.

Okay. That was really weird.
Me and wait, back to square one.

***** ***** ***** ***** *****

Hey guys,
I'll try to update more often. Please excuse my tardiness.

Vote and comment in loads. Encourage me to write more.
And ofcourse, ignore the mistakes, if any, though I try to edit simultaneously, feel free to point out the mistakes.

Thanks and gudnyt.