53 - Dinner Part 2

Deku POV (TW Mentions of domestic abuse and verbal abuse)

I gasped, getting to my feet and holding a hand over my mouth so I wouldn't scream. There in the doorway, was one of the people I hated most, grinning at me and those awful eyes shining.

His familiar face shape and green eyes were illuminated by the light coming from mom's apartment.

"D-dad?" I stuttered, taking a step back. I looked desperately to my mom for an explanation, but tp my utter disbelief, she had the same expression I did, and was looking between me and him.

She looked like she was contemplating whether or not to shove him out the door or tell me to run. Finally she turned to him, crossing her arms and taking a step back for safety.

"What the fuck are you doing here, Hisashi?" She hissed, looking like she wanted to cry.

"What does it look like? I want to see my son, and luckily he's here with you. Hey, Izuku." He nodded in my direction.

I whipped my head around to look at my mom. "Is he the one joining us? What the hell, mom?!"

She shook her head quickly. "No, no! I don't know why he's here!"

"You...don't?" I moved forward in a few quick strides, grabbing my mom by the arm and pulling her away from the tall man. I pushed her behind me and prepared to have to get him out by force.

He raised an eyebrow. "Are you going to let me talk or are you going to keep on being dramatic?"

His eyes flashed dangerously as they met mine. I could feel my heart beat speed up. I knew that I wasn't the one in danger here, it was my mom. He wanted something with me, and we both knew that she would try to protect me. I could beat his ass though, and I would do it without hesitation.

"Get the hell out, or I'm forcing you out!"

"I just want to talk. I'm not threatening you or my wife, but I'm not gonna leave you alone until I get what I came here for." He didn't look like he was going to fight one of us, but it was still scary. Years later, and I'm still like a little kid, wanting to hide behind my mom when he didn't get his way.

"I'm not your wife." Mom snapped, stepping in front of me. "You lost your wife years ago when you decided to lose control to alcohol and hurt your child."

"You kept my name, didn't you, Inko?" He crossed his arms and took a step toward her, shutting the door. "Let's not get into another screaming match and disturb the neighbours. That isn't what I'm here for."

I didn't want to talk to him, I didn't want to see him. Fear still lived in me, bright as ever, despite how different things were. If I wanted to I could send him flying out the door with a flick of my finger, and make sure he didn't come back. I just knew it would make things worse. And what if he actually had something to say?

He didn't deserve for us to hear him out. Yes, my mom forbade him from coming back, but he still hurt me, and completely abandoned us, leaving her alone to raise me.

What could he possibly want from my mom and I? Money? He was the one who originally was making money while mom took care of me, but maybe he was broke and thought mom would take pity on him.

If there was half a chance that he genuinely wanted to make up and apologize to me, it didn't interest me in the slightest. I had enough to worry about, and the idea of him there just seemed like it would cause more trouble than it was worth.

If that wasn't enough reasons, I have All Might acting as a sort of father figure, so why would I need a troubled old man who was probably delusional.

"Hisashi...can you just tell me what you want?" I asked, letting my mom sit down at the table. Meanwhile I stayed standing facing him.

He pulled a chair up and sat down at the dinner table like it was completely normal. "Now, Izuku, are you really so disrespectful that you won't call me 'dad'? I'd think after years of being without one you would be rather excited at the prospect, and not trying to piss me off."

He didn't even lift a finger, and I still flinched.

"You don't deserve that title."

"Whatever. I thought it was clear, I just want to get my son and wife back. I'm old and I can't start a new family. C'mon, I feel bad about how I never visited. Not like your mom over there let me." He snarled.

"What reason would you have to want to see me?!" I protested. "It isn't like you care about me, or think I'm useful..."

I sniffed, feeling tears rush to my eyes.

He frowned. "Of course I care about you. Do you really think I'm so heartless I would think all those things about you?"

"Yeah, well you sure seem like it." I hissed bitterly, crossing my arms. It was specific words that played like a painful song in my mind.

"Like he'll ever become someone that we can truly be proud of, he'll forever be quirkless, and you can't argue that Will impact his ability to truly make a difference."

Well, on the one hand I do have a quirk now, so that changed. Also, he's wrong...

"Look, can I just have some time to explain myself and sit down for dinner or something with you, maybe-"

"Hisashi."

My mom was staring at her hands which rested in her lap, and her phone was resting on her leg.

"Is it not clear that neither of us want to speak with you? Look...I don't fully understand what your intentions are, but we aren't interested. Don't get the wrong idea." She narrowed her eyes and let her head tilt to the side. I don't think I had ever seen her so terrifying.

The white haired man let out a sound of anger, rushing to his feet. His hands slammed down onto the table and his fingers curled tightly around the edge, making his knuckles turn white. He didn't yell, or try to intimidate my mom. I guess that proved his point about wanting to change.

If at this point he tried to get violent or yell at my mom or me, any of his miniscule chances of seeing us again would fly out the window.

Mom knew that. It was too late though.

"That's exactly why we aren't hearing you out. That right there. If you thought you could get away with getting aggressive with me and still I would run back to you then you're hands wouldn't be digging into that table, they would be on my arms, and you'd be yelling in my face." She was shaking a little.

"I swear, Inko, I'm going to-"

"Going to what?!" A voice snapped from behind me, familiar as ever. I got to my feet, gasping in relief as my eyes landed on them standing at the door.

Two people stood there, both pissed off and ready to beat Hisashi's ass.

Bet you think I'm so mysterious leaving it on another cliffhanger. You probably don't. And I'm not, I'm just working out some things.
(Tbh Hisashi wasn't originally gonna be showing up but when y'all mentioned him I got some great ideas)
Make sure to get some sleep 🐙💙

Comment and stuff ^~^