35 - The unknown number

Bakugo POV

Deku looked like an angel when he slept, and seemed so peaceful when he had his eyes closed.

A small part of me still was a little anxious, because him sleeping reminded me of his coma. I touched his cheek gently and he didn't stir.

I didn't want to leave, but I really needed to go to the bathroom. I got up as slowly as I could and left the room silently.

***

As I started back to his room I noticed a flash of blonde hair around a corner. I took a step forward to get a better view, and saw him.

His blonde hair was still completely straight and disheveled. His face was swollen, his eyes purple and bandages wrapped around his head. He was frowning, not looking in my direction.

He sighed and turned his head slightly. His violet eyes locked onto mine, and widened.

I let myself smirk slightly, and moved my fingers in a slight wave. His eyes violently narrowed.

I turned back and kept going to Deku's room.

I don't know if I should tell Deku what happened. On the one hand, he has a right to know, but on the other hand I don't want him to stress out any more than he absolutely had to.

Monoma's words could mean nothing, or they could send him back into a spiral. I had no way to know, so it seemed best to withhold that information as long as he was in his fragile state.

He might also be pissed at me for doing that to someone. That's the least of my worries, but it would still be rough.

He needs to be able to relax for a while. I swear I'll hurt whoever attempts to disturb that. He still has a lot of recovering to do.

My phone buzzed.

I pulled it out. It was Kirishima.

Hey, I heard Mido woke up, that's great! Sorry I haven't come to see him.

I raised an eyebrow. He didn't give a reason. A small part of me wondered if he didn't want to see Deku, but I quickly brushed that thought aside.

Yeah, he did.

He was such a positive and caring person. There was no way that he didn't want to see Deku...

A notification flashed across my screen, from an unknown number. I tapped on it in annoyance.

I don't think your little friend is telling you everything that he should be.

I was squeezing my phone so hard I thought it would break or blow up

I was squeezing my phone so hard I thought it would break or blow up. In the picture Kirishima looked so smug, but obviously drunk. I was so red from the alcohol, and I was clearly about to shove him off me.

But the memories came back. He fucking kissed me. I even remembered the things he said to me. I growled, feeling sick and angry.

"Shit!" I growled. Now I had to tell Deku that some kid was saying horrible shit about him online, that I gor suspended for nearly killing that person, and that I got drunk despite the fact I'm underage and ended up kissing one of my friends.

My poor baby's been through enough as it is. I don't want to spring this all at once, but I don't want to extend his misery.

First things first though, I have to speak with Kirishima. That idiot has some explaining to do.

I opened the door to Deku's room, still clutching my phone tightly in one hand. Deku was awake, and sitting up with a tired look on his face.

My heartrate sped up as I saw one of his fragile little hands attempting to unwrap his bandages.

"What are you doing?" I asked, sitting down next to him. There wasn't anything he could use to cut, so I wasn't too concerned.

He sighed softly. "I wanted to see what they looked like."

Damn. He was in such a state of panic and sadness he never even saw the damage. I touched his wrist gently with my fingertips.

"Love, I think you should wait and have a doctor do it. You might get hurt, or they might not be ready." I grabbed the bandage out of his hand and rewrapped it best I could.

I wanted to cry, or scream at the memory of what he did. He feebly attempted to stop me.

"No." I said firmly. He didn't stop. "No, honey."

There was something on the back of his hand. I flipped it over and examined it. "You have an IV tube thingy in your hand."

He winced a little and pulled his hand out of mine.

His sad eyes made me sad, so I gently lifted his hand up to my face and kissed the curve of his wrist, smiling softly as I kissed the spots where he'd tried to cut into to bleed himself out.

Ugh. The memory of him lying on the floor nearly lifeless. The sight of Monoma's smug face. The memory of Kirishima insulting Deku. It burned like fire through my head.

"Stop..." He said. I looked up in surprise. He was blushing. I smiled slightly but got to my feet.

I needed to speak, well, actually yell at Kirishima. Whatever the fuck he was thinking, it's not gonna fly here.

"I have to leave, the doctor said you need to rest." I lied smoothly, kissing him one last time.

I swear, if Kirishima sent me the photo, I'm going to do to him what I did to Monoma. He insulted Deku, and tried to take me from him. I would never choose anyone else over Deku.

His little face was twisted in annoyance, and I just finally went off the edge. I grabbed him a little too violently by the jaw and glared into his eyes.

"Don't act like a fucking child. You need to rest. I'm sorry that you have to be alone, but you're gonna have to deal with it." I snapped without thinking. He looked shocked and hurt, and I immediately felt bad.

Regardless, I walked towards the door before I could do anymore damage.

"Bye, Katsuki." He growled.

I felt myself tense up. He never called me Katsuki. Even when he was pissed off, it was always Kacchan or if he was really upset, Bakugo. Shit...

I turned, and was about to apologize when I saw his angry face. He needed some time to himself, and I had buisiness to take care of.

I frowned and walked out.

Of course I felt bad, but I couldn't stay around forever. Besides, Kirishima needs to be talked to.

First though, I need to talk to someone else, someone who I know is the reason for all this.

I pulled out my phone as I walked quickly down the hallway.

They picked up immediately, sounding joyful as they answered.

"Hey, Bakugo-"

"Shut up. You're all at the dorms, right?"

"Yeah..."

"I'll be there in ten minutes. I'm gonna fucking kill you all, especially you for taking that picture, Mina."

Hm, wonder who sent him that photo.

Here's a knife 🔪 for those who'd like to stab Baku, Kiri, or Monoma. :)

Or me.

I wouldn't mind being stabbed.