23 - He isn't here

Bakugo POV (trigger warning again)
I hadn't been able to see Deku since Saturday, it was Monday now.

I hadn't spoken to anyone except for Kirishima since yesterday, not even raising my hand in class or yelling at people during training. I can tell people are getting concerned about me, but that's definitely not my focus for today.

We were told we have to back to that middle school again, no matter how much I begged, and for me I don't beg for anything, Mr. Aizawa refused to allow me to stay.

That girl, her name was Nori I think, she wants to see him again. I know that much. I won't be able to look her in the eyes.

I sat on the bus with the rest of our class, turning my head fully away from everyone. I stared at my reflection in the window. My eyes were slighly bloodshot and looked redder than before. I felt like I hadn't slept in days. Looked like it too.

My hair was spiky, as always, but it was way more messy, and lay dirty on my face and across my head.

I hadn't spoken to Kirishima at all, I couldn't find him anywhere, actually.

Just as I looked up, his spiky-haired self ran onto the bus, panting. He took a seat three rows in front of me. His head turned back and he made eye contact, he opened his mouth to say something, but then stopped and turned back around.

Let's just get this shit over with.

***

The school was the same as last time, and two teachers went up to meet us. They escorted us inside and back to the classroom.

I immedietly saw the two kids who used their weird quirks last time on me to make me mad. There wasn't any Deku to calm me down now.

Then there was the girl. She was smiling slightly, and had her hair tied back with some clips. Her eyes lingered on each of us for a few seconds as we walked through the door. About half our class was in there, the others in a different classroom.

She stared at her desk, clearly disappointed. Then she struck eye contact with me, and stayed there until I tore away my gaze to look at the window.

I didn't look at her until the teachers left, and then I walked over and leaned against the wall next to her.

She kept gazing at the smooth desk underneath her hands until I cleared my throat. Her emerald eyes locked on to mine, making my heart hurt a little.

Her eyes were big and green, like Deku's, but slightly more yellow than his. I noticed a thin scar running from underneath her right eye down to her nose.

Ten minutes passed with us sitting there in silence before I began to feel bad for making her lonely.

"Hey, kid." I blurted, staring determinedly across the room. She glanced up a little but ignored me. She obviously thought I was talking to someone else.

"Ugh. You. Green-eyed girl." I finally made eye contact. She looked at me curiously. I'm awful with kids.

"You're that guy's friend, right?" She asked shyly, readjusting one of her clips.

I nodded slightly.

"Isn't...isn't he supposed to be here today?"

I bit down hard on my lip and kept my eyes focused on a spot above her head.

"He promised me that he would be here to talk, as long as I needed him to." Her hands laid curled into light fists on her desk. "Is he not here?"

I growled a little in the back of my throat. "No. He isn't here."