66 - That second

Bakugo POV (CW, injury, blood)

It had been a week since his mother's and All Might's funeral. A lot of people showed up for the event, most of them being there for All Might, but many of them paying their respects to Inko. Izumi had no idea what was going on, but all the people bustling around upset her and she began crying halfway through.

"Bakugo, c'mon. You've been zoned out for almost twenty minutes." A hand that smelled like rose lotion slapped the back of my head, making me snap to attention. I looked up in time to see Mina's clear nails brush past my head before disappearing into her front pockets along with her hands.

I trailed a finger down my thigh until I reached my shirt, toying with the end of the fabric. The zipper on my sweater poked into the skin on my neck as I stared at the floor.

"I'm coming, I'm coming." I mumbled, not moving a finger. She pursed her lips in annoyance and kept moving, grabbing Hagakure's arm as she did. It took her a few seconds to find the clear girl's hand, and intertwine their fingers.

I stayed hunched over on the bench with both my hands cupped and resting on my lap. My eyelashes felt heavy and too dry. The skin around my eyes was sore. I washed my face every day to try and wash away the dried tears, but my face hurt all the time. At least I hid it well.

Uraraka often had tear streaked cheeks. Sometimes it was slightly stained black from mascara. It was safe to say most of the school, if not the city was a wreck for a few days because of the loss of our number one hero.

Deku through the door, already wearing his training uniform. His hands were shaking slightly.

"Hey, love." I stood up and stepped over the bench, wrapping my arms around him and pulling him against my chest. It was normal at that point, he would almost immediately walk into my arms, or put his arms around my neck and nuzzle his face into my shoulder. It helped him, apparently.

He took a step back and looked up at me, smiling a little. I smiled back. For the first time he wasn't forcing it or just really sleep-deprived. I pressed my thumbs against his cheeks next to his mouth, trying to make his smile a little bit bigger.

I pulled on the slightly loose shirt of his. "Did you eat today?"

He smiled weakly and pushed me aside to get to the door. I threw my head back and sighed shakily, pressing my lips together in a straight line before grabbing him by the arm.

"I said, did you eat today?"

The way his little hands trembled and his face was pale told me otherwise. He mumbled something incoherent, and lowered his gaze.

I thought about saying it more firmly or intimidating him, but decided against it. It wasn't what he needed.

"I'm not going to be upset with you, or whatever you're worried about if you didn't. But be honest." I tried saying in a softer tone. He cleared his throat.

"I wasn't hungry this morning..." He admitted, trailing off. His fingers pinched at the sleeves on the other arms elbows, crossing his arms as he leaned against the wall. I took a deep breath before speaking again.

"Did you at least have dinner?"

"Yes. I ate plenty last night."

"Good." I smiled. His eating habits changed as he grieved, and he was in a strange stage where some days he would be completely normal, eating and socializing happily, and others he just looked like he was always about to cry, and didn't eat or drink a thing. At least today he was doing better.

I leaned in and gave him a kiss, staying there for a few seconds before pulling away. He tasted slightly like blood. I noticed he had small injuries on his bottom lip, from biting it, no doubt.