63 - Godmothers

Deku POV (TW, mentions of death)

Aunt Nemuri rushed forward when she saw me standing at the door, winding her arms tightly around me. She was cautious about the baby of course, and tears streamed down her face.

"Izuku..." She mumbled, standing back up.

"I saw the news." I stated firmly, rocking Izumi gently. Nemuri's eyes were filled to the brim with tears. She had her long dark blue hair in a ponytail and was wearing sweatpants.

"Honey, come inside." She gestured to the living room. Through the long hallway connecting the front door to the living room I could see two police officers sitting across from Rumi.

The white haired woman had a tight tank top on and her knees curled up to her chest.

Nemuri took Izumi from me.

"Izuku, please sit down. Can I get you anything?" Rumi asked frantically, getting up and rushing to me. My hands were shaking as she hugged me.

"Is it true?" I breathed. She sucked in her breath and looked at the officers.

"I'm so sorry..." She mumbled before dropping onto her knees.

That confirmed it. I nodded as tears began streaming silently down my face. She took my bag from me and put it next to the door.

My aunts sat next to me, both hugging me as the police officers spoke softly.

There was a fire. They think it was an accident, that something went wrong somewhere and it started. It began in their room so they didn't have a chance to get out.

"We wouldn't have even known it was All Might and Ms. Midoriya if we didn't look at the hotel records." The cop on the right bit his lip and rested his chin on his hand. "There was barely any indication his body was there. It was all ashes."

I felt like I was going to throw up. Ashes. He was the best hero for years, and a kitchen fire turned him to dust.

"We were able to find your mother's body." He said slowly, looking at me nervously. "She was almost able to be saved, if the paramedics had gotten there earlier she might have lived. But by the time we all arrived she was badly burnt and long gone."

In the hours that I slept peacefully with my boyfriend, Izumi's and my parents were dying, along with the unfortunate people in the rooms around them. There wouldn't even be a body for the casket.

They talked on to the adults for an hour, but I had zoned out. I tangled my fingers in my hair and played with it, brushing it with my fingers and tugging on the green locks. It was weirdly therapeutic.

Nemuri was crying, still holding the infant. Izumi was absolutely clueless, resting her head on the dark haired woman's collarbone, silent. She might have been asleep.

"Can I go outside?" I glanced up. Rumi nodded quickly, keeping her ruby eyes on me as I put my shoes on and stepped outside of the front door.

I slid down to the ground, keeping my back pressed against the door.

The air in the room felt suffocating to me. The cold morning air made my nose and fingertips sting, but it was a nice distraction. Any distraction was welcome, even being a painful one. If I wasn't going to constantly be around people and Kacchan for the next few weeks I would probably cut again. I've done it when less happened.

The suicidal thoughts circled my mind. Thoughts bounced within my brain, threatening to bury themselves permanently.

She's dead. Your mom is dead. So is your mentor. You know you're gonna be alone from now on. Now you have to watch your little sister. You can't take care of her, you're gonna fall apart.

I covered my ears to stop the sounds of cars, birds chirping, the wind brushing tree branches. Once my cupped hands clamped over my ears everything was quiet.

It was nicer when it was quiet.

It didn't matter to me what happened at this point. All I knew is that they were gone, and I felt alone. Mom had been with me for all my life, and All Might and I shared a special bond. He was almost as much my parent as mom was.

I do know what he would have wanted me to do. He would want me to keep fighting.

I still had to keep on going for Kacchan, for the people jn the future I would save, for my aunts, and for my little sister. She had very few people that were her blood related family alive, and I was one of them. I'm still her half brother.

I wiped my eyes again. The crying hadn't slowed yet, but it was starting to impair my vision.

"Fine." I said out loud. "I'll stay for all of them. They'll help me."

My arm still stung from the night. I ended up deciding it doesn't count, because I didn't do that just to hurt myself. I did it to make sure I wasn't dreaming. Hopefully I could explain that to Kacchan.

The door bumped my back a little. I stood up so Rumi could open the door.

"Hey, hon, do you want to spend the day at our place?" She asked softly.

"I think I'll be fine at the dorms." I mumbled.

She nodded, her pearly hair swishing. "Do you have friends that you can talk to there?"

"Yeah."

"Please stay safe, don't do anything...reckless." She gave me a look. I understood exactly what she meant.

"If you're wondering about Izumi, she'll be staying with us. Nemuri and I are her godmothers, so we'll have to go through some legal things, but she has no where else to go. And we are not sending her to an orphanage."

I smiled. I knew secretly that Nemuri and her wife always wanted kids, and they would be great parents to Izumi.

"What about me?" I asked cautiously, tapping my index finger in the center of my chest. "I'm still a minor. Mom was my legal guardian, but I was staying at UA. Don't I still need one?"

"Technically I think you do." She furrowed her brow. "You know of course we'd take you in, but you're older and would barely be at home. Plus..."

She trailed off, glaring at her crossed arms.

"There's a slight chance that they'll want you to stay with your father."

My heart dropped. "But they should know about the divorce and what he did!"

"Technically they should. But that man is manipulative and desperate. You need to be careful." She mumbled. "I haven't told Nemi about him coming back."

She cleared her throat. "Me and her are going to do everything we can to make sure you don't end up with him, don't worry."

She kissed me on the cheek.

"You don't have to go to school if you don't want to. It's been a tough time, and if you want to skip a few days and stay with us that's fine."

"I'll think about it. It's not going to help if I'm just drowning in my thoughts, maybe a distraction would be nice." I tried to laugh, but a half sob came out instead. "I'm gonna go back to the school now."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah." I handed her the key. "Just...if you need to get into the apartment for things for Izumi."

"Ok." She looked extremely uncertain. "I'll drive you back to the school."

I have really bad writers block and don't want to force boring stuff onto y'all so we gonna have a little time skip soon again and get right to some of the good stuff 😎💅
Comment and stuff 😎

🐙Reginald says screw Hisashi