72 - Talking

This chapter will have some switching between POV'S because yes.

Bakugo POV

Three days later...

"Kacchan..." He had his hand curled up against his chest protectively, and was staring up at me curiously. There was a twinge of hurt in his emerald eyes.

I softened my tone best I could before touching him on the arm gently. I figured if I was gentle it would calm him down, and then he woulf hear me out without getting sad or leaving.

He stared up at me with such dismal eyes, his brow furrowed in annoyance. His lower lip was pushed out as he pouted.

"C'mon, say something if you're mad." I snapped, crossing my arms. He mirrored me, his eyes narrowed further.

I cracked a smile at the little greenie. He looked like an angry cat, and it was honestly hilarious. That action made him turn bright red and cover his mouth with the back of his hand.

"I'm gonna go hang out with my friends." I explained, stepping away from him.

His eyes darkened a little. "Oh? Who? You mean Mina?"

I nodded slowly. "Mina, Kaminari, Sero, Jiro, all of them."

"Huh. You don't normally like spending any long amount of time with anyone except Mina and me." He commented, making a twirling motion with his finger.

"Mina said they're all coming along." I shrugged. "I don't really have a choice."

"Oh, ok." He exhaled shakily, obviously trying to hide disappointment.

"S'okay, love." I tried to say affectionately, giving him a tender kiss on the forehead. "We'll go on a date sometime."

He smiled bitterly, crossing his arms tightly.

Deku POV

I didn't blame him for not completely getting it, even if I should have. He only assumed I was feeling slightly neglected by the way he seemed constantly distracted.

It was my own fault for not telling him.

I really didn't want or care about whether I was going on another date with him or not, or whatever the hell was happening.

I just wanted him to hold me for a while, so maybe I could finally let myself cry and talk about whatever without having to answer any additional questions, or have them be freaking out. I admired him for being so calm all the time.

Of course, he thought I just wanted a kiss and some cute pet name. I wanted a way to express the way I was feeling.

***

Bakugo POV

"So, I'm not the only one who's really really curious about what happened with All Might, and y'know, Midoriya's mom." Jiro said slowly, her eyes meeting mine for a second when she said Deku's name.

I rolled my shoulders uncomfortably but kept quiet.

Mina looked up from her spot on the floor, legs crossed over each other, and shorts so short they practically weren't shorts anymore. She had a handful of Uno cards in one hand, and a card up front that would immediately make Kaminari lose.

The blonde boy was leaning back on Sero, who had one hand placed on the center of his boyfriend's chest.

Jiro was on the bed across from me, playing with a silver spike hanging off of her bracelet and gazing down at all the jewelery hanging off her neck, wrists, and fingers.