14 - Tattletale

Bakugo POV

That. Fucking. Idiot.

I felt the anger bubble up inside my chest and I growled through my gritted teeth, clenching my hands into fists and fighting back tears. I noticed the blood on his sleeves, but for some reason, I didn't decide to do anything. I thought I was imagining things, or that it was deja vu.

The moment I saw Round-face's fingers digging into his arm, and the way he winced and looked at her in a panic, I knew something was definitely wrong.

Yeah, I know that he might just be still in pain from the time I caught him cutting, but then he turned and stared at me in panic. He...damn it, he did it again.

We arrived at the middle school shortly, but I didn't take my eyes off of him. Normally I would confront him and tell Mr. Aizawa immediately, but we have a busy day, and if I tell him I know, he might do something stupid. I can't risk that no matter what.

I need to get all three of us alone after all of this, before Deku can be on his own.

Deku became his happy, smiley self, and greeted the class we were meeting with a big smile.

Mr. Aizawa briefed the kids on what was going on, although they should have known about everything. I thought about trying to talk to someone, or do anything, but to be honest, I'm not the best role model for an upcoming hero. I'd never admit that to anyone.

I leaned against the one bare classroom wall, crossing my arms and trying to maintain a neutral expression. I didn't want to completely scare the kids off. I must've stood there in silence for a couple hours.

Deku was sitting down only a few desks away from me, talking to a girl with short black and brown hair and pale green eyes. He smiled gently and was talking to her in a soft voice. She kept shaking her head, and looked on the brim of tears. As casually as I could, I moved to stand near a desk so I could eavesdrop.

"...I can't lie and say I understand, Nori. I can say I know plenty about not being the best at using my quirk. Except the only person I hurt was myself." Deku explained to the girl.

"How?" she mumbled.

"I broke my arms multiple times, my quirk...it came late to me." he said quickly. "What's your quirk, if you don't mind me asking?"

She sighed. "I can control gravity."

"My friend Uraravity can do something like that. How does it work?"

She hesitated a long time before telling him. I think if it were anyone but Deku she wouldn't have continued.

"Basically I can send waves of energy to anywhere near me, and whatever it hits will have an increase or decrease in gravity, depending on what I choose. I can flatten someone, or send them up into the air." she said quickly.

Honestly, I was impressed. If she learned to do it quickly, and how to think fast, she could knock someone out without killing them, or throw them into the air. Well, it depends how she uses it.

"Wow! That sounds really cool! Can you tell me more?" Deku gushed, and I'd turned to stare at the front of the classroom, but I could bet he'd taken out his stupid notebook.

"Well, I can only send one wave at a time, so I can't oppose two attackers at once." she mumbled shyly. "I'm not good at controlling it."

"Well, I'm sure with a bit of training you'll be amazing."

"Thank you. I won't though."

"Why would you think that?"

"Because I can't...I just...I'm an idiot, and I wouldn't have the motivation."

"Don't say that, Nori. Jeez." he snapped.

"That's what everybody keeps saying-"

"Why do you have those grenades on your arms?"

"Excuse me?" I growled, looking up to see a grey-haired boy with a tattoo on his cheek, and a black-haired girl with white highlights. The boy had spoken. Neither of them looked like they were in middle school. They looked our age, maybe even older. I wondered if the tattoo on the boy's cheek had anything to do with his quirk.

I could feel anger build up as he smirked at me, and I resisted the urge to punch him.

I don't know why I was so mad, I didn't have a reason to, but I couldn't help the intense emotion.

The girl looked fairly normal. She adjusted her glasses on her nose. "I told you not to, Daiki. I'm going to knock you out the window if you don't stop messing around with the pomeranian."

"What did you just call me?!" I growled at her.

She smiled sweetly at me while slapping him in the back of the head as hard as she could.

The anger faded as he scowled at her, and they both stomped away. I wonder what that's about.

I was pissed. I was annoyed enough as it was. I wrenched myself away from the wall and stomped out the door, causing everyone to stare at me. I stomped down the hall until I reached an empty stairwell, and curled up in a corner. God, I wanted everyone to just leave me alone for a few minutes.

I sat there for what seemed like forever, until my head was lifted up and I felt soft hands on the sides of my face. I could smell the vanilla and cinnamon before I saw his green eyes.

"Are you ok?" he asked sweetly.

It was ridiculous. He was asking me if I was ok. Before I could hug him and ask him desperately if he was ok, and cry, and bring him straight to Mr. Aizawa, I growled and grabbed his face roughly between my hands.

"Let me see your arms right now before I rip those f*cking gloves off your arms." I snarled instead, and tears filled his eyes.

Tears spilled over his cheeks as he rolled the gloves down his arms. I helped him pull them off of his hands, and then rolled up his snug sleeves. There were fresh bandages, stained with fresh blood.

I unwrapped the bandages quickly, and stared at the fresh cuts on his arms.

I grabbed both of his gloves in one hand and held his slender body against mine with the other, I pressed him hard against me and began dragging back to the classroom.

"You remember what I promised, idiot."

(Some serious shiznit bout to go down. Flexing my writing fingers, and about to break your hearts. Sorry fam.)