49 - Too late

Yes the picture is of Reginald strangling Monoma. :)

Bakugo POV (mentions of self harm and suicide)

In our first class of the day, and his first class back there wasn't much that got finished, it was mostly him talking to people and leaving the room occasionally to speak with the teacher.

Things were a little weird, I got lots of expected strange looks for sitting with Deku and not yelling at him. I'd become soft. A bit of me wished I wasn't like that, but I couldn't help it.

I slouched back in my seat.

Up by the door was Kirishima. He stood with one hand on a desk and the other holding his phone. His eyes were fixated on the screen, and his whole expression seemed dissatisfied and bored. Nobody was talking to him. I guess Mina, Sero and Kaminari just decided it wasn't a good idea to hang out with him after what happened.

I wondered if he knew. It couldn't be fun being ignored without knowing the reason. Then again, I really, really didn't want to talk to him. It seemed like an unpleasant way to spend my time and I don't think I could say anything fairly without my anger clouding my judgement.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not actually mad about him kissing me. That annoyed me, but even worse than that is the things he said about and to Deku.

He called him useless and pathetic multiple times, and made him have a panic attack. That spiky haired idiot is lucky I haven't beat his ass yet.

There was too much on my mind. When I looked at Deku again he caught my eye with his emerald ones, and smiled slightly. I smiled back, but I was thinking about his arms.

I was nearly fully asleep when I heard him at my door, and it took me a minute to fully process what was happening.

When he held out his arm and I saw blood on it, even in the dark. The green-eyed boy didn't have to breath a word, I understood what he meant, and I was too scared to look at his arms. My heart wouldn't be able to handle it.

I didn't feel like telling the teacher either. By now I learned it didn't have an effect on him. The weight of being pulled around by adults and forced to talk about his problems and out himself on all his feelings was the thing that drove him to try and kill himself last time.

So...I guess it's up to me this time to try and keep him from doing anything.

Deku walked over to his desk and sat down, gently toying with his fingers. Anyone who's seen him when he's like this knows how he acts, how his voice becomes meeker and shyer, and he acts like everyone around him his mad at him.

I leaned forward and tapped him on the shoulder. He jumped a little, turning to look at me.

Oh, I forgot. He also gets sensitive to being touched.

"Can we leave or something? I really don't care about classwork." I hissed, leaning on my hand.

He turned around. "I'm already so behind, I'll have to work for hours after school to catch up. I can't waste time."

I pouted and took a moment to act like a brat, pulling on the back of his hair. He winced and spun his head around to glare at me.

"Don't give me that." He spat.

"If I promise to stay with you as late as you want me to and help you out with your work can we leave?" I asked, poking his head.

He sighed and turned around.

"Mr. Aizawa is gonna kill us."

"Love, he won't say shit, not to you at least. He left to go do something right now anyway, so we can leave and no one will see." I explained, tracing my finger on his back. He shivered and glared at his desk.