{78} "I'm being used?"

While this strange man inspected Izuku, you looked at Mirio.
"Umm-" you said.
"You. Girl. Come with me" the man said, pointing to you, then turning around and walking to his desk.
You hesitantly walked over to him and he held out his hand.
"Don't worry. I'm not scary. I'm Sir Nighteye. Head of this agency. Mirio Togata is my work study student and this blue woman is Bubble Girl. My sidekick" he said.
You took his hand and shook it.
"Do you have your paper for me to sign?"
"Yes Sir" you said, grabbing the piece of paper you had in your bag and handing it to him.
He grabbed a stamp and stamped the small square.
"These work studies aren't like your internships. You will be missing classes. And doing real hero work alongside Pro's. You will work here for a minimum of 4 months, and will be paid wages" he said, handing you your paper back.
You questioningly grabbed it and put it away.
"Mirio, Bubble Girl, and Chisaki-" he said, standing up.
You all stood up straight.
How does he know my-
"Go wait outside"
"Right away Sir!"
"With more energy!"
"YESSIR!"
~~
You walked outside of the room and went with Mirio and Bubble Girl.
Your head was down.
"Why the long face (Y/N)?" Mirio asked.
You shook your head.
"It's nothing" you lied.
"Something is bothering you. You can tell us" Bubble Girl told you, putting a hand on your back.
You looked up and sighed.
"I feel like this has something to do with my dad" you said.
They exchanged looks.
"He knew my last name. And I didn't even say anything. Don't you think that's weird?" You asked.
"What makes you think that?" They asked.
"Just because.." You said.
I can't tell them anything about the nightmares. Or visits. Then they'll just use me for sure, you thought.
"I wanted to do a work study for some extra hero work, not to help find that bastard. As much as I'd like him to be taken down, I don't want anything to do with him. So if you brought me here for that, then I'm not helping" you said.
"It's fine and all. But if I'm part of this, there's no saying what'll happen. He's after me. That's all I can say."
"That's plenty" Mirio said.
You took a deep breath and shookily let it out.
"Man I could really use some food! What about you (Y/N)?" Mirio asked.
You felt your stomach rumble.
You blushed, embarrassed.
"A-a little" you said.
He chuckled and walked over to a vending machine.
"Hey.." Bubble Girl said.
You looked at her.
"I'm sorry if our invite seemed so abrupt. Didnt mean to upset you! We appreciate what you are doing for us! But..what is your relation with this man?" She asked.
"He's my blood father" you mumbled.
"But..your quirk-" she said.
"My quirk means nothing. You don't know anything about me OK? So drop it" you said.
She looked startled.
You stood up and left.
~~
You pushed the door open and went outside.
You were panicked, knowing that Kai was somewhere in this city.
"What are you doing out here (Y/N)?" Someone said as they stepped outside.
You turned around and saw Mirio.
"Nothing"
You two stood in silence until you took a deep breath.
"Why'd you bring me here?" You said.
"Sir needed help. He knew of you because of the festival" he said.
"Bubble Girl. She knows my quirk. She knows I'm related to that monster. But she thinks because my quirk isn't exactly his, that I'm not his daughter. Why would I lie about that?"
"How did you get the quirk you have, if you don't mind me asking" Mirio asked.
You sighed, bringing one hand to your face and staring at it.
"My original quirk was the same as Kai's. Overhaul. Until one day, he injected me with some kinda drug. From then on, my quirk just progressed into something monstrous. He abused me. Used me for his crimes. I never wanted him to break out of prison but he did. I-..I had a dream. And he said 'us three'..my mother is dead..so that means he has another puppet for his plan. He's after me to complete it.." You said.
"Wow. Your childhood was so twisted. And your quirk isn't monstrous. You use it for good..and that's what matters. If we do happen to run into him, I will protect you. Consider me your new big brother!" Mirio said.
You laughed.
He handed you a small soda and a bag of chips.
You took them and thanked him.
~~
You walked towards Sir's door as you heard a loud bang.
Mirio and Bubble Girl slammed the door open.
"You're done right Sir?" They said in unison.
"That loud bang at the end sounded pretty final!" Bubble Girl added.
"I'll take the boy Mirio" Sir said.
"That's great!"
Izuku looked shocked but happy.
Sir dropped a stamp and Izuku stamped his paper.
You noticed that the office was a complete mess, and Izuku had a bloody nose.
You walked over to him and put a hand to his cheek.
You healed his nose.
"Thanks (Y/N)" Izuku said.
You nodded then used Rewind to clean up the room.
"You truly are powerful aren't you Chisaki?" Sir said.
"Anyways, you start tomorrow. See you then."
~~
"Congratulations (Y/N) and Deku! You found an agency for your work studies!" Ochako said.
"Yeah! You'll be working with Sir Nighteye! You even had a thrid year recommend you!" Hanta added.
You stood up and walked away.
"Thanks. But I was requested, not recommended" you said.
You looked at the floor, only to feel arms be wrapped around you.
"What's the matter?" Katsuki said as he looked at you.
"I'm being used. It has something to do with my father" you said, burying your face in his chest.
"Kai? Hell no. They're putting you at super high risk. He's after YOU. And won't stop until he gets you. I'm not letting you risk your life" he protested.
"You don't have much of a say Katsuki. I'll be with a third year and Izuku. So I won't be alone. I promise you I'll be fine" you said, looking up and kissing his chin.
He kissed your forehead.
"Be safe. Promise me."
"I promise."
~~
*the next day*
"We will be doing surveillance today" Sir said as he grabbed a book from his desk.
You all stood there in your hero costumes.
"The young leader of the Shie Hassaikai, has been up to some suspicious things. Nothing villainous yet but we can't overlook him."
"Shie Hassaikai?" Izuku asked.
Your eyes widened and your heart began to beat faster.
"The Nighteye Agency has been doing a super secret mission on this group for a while now. Word is that their leader is out of prison" Bubble Girl said.
Sir opened the book and you panicked when you saw the small picture presented inside.
"Their leader is Kai Chisaki. And he's made contact with the League of Villains very recently" Sir said.
You looked up and remembered what happened all those times you had encountered the LOV.
"Nononononono!" You said, covering your head in your hands.
Mirio wrapped his arms around you.
"We will split up in groups. Me and Bubble Girl will search, and Mirio, Izuku and Chisaki will go. Try not to arouse any suspension if you are to run into this man."
You gulped.
"You'll be fine (Y/N)!"
"I- hope so.."