{14}↦𝔾𝕝𝕒𝕣𝕖𝕕.↤

"Awee man! I was really hoping to wear my costume!" Mina whined.
You were wearing your UA PE uniform standing in the student waiting room at the giant stadium in which the UA Sports Festival would be held.
Students from all classes would be there, watching and fighting at the UA sports festival, which was only moments away. Pro's would be there, scouting for first years to intern.
This would be your chance to prove you're worthy of being a Pro.
You had to make this count.
"Game faces on everybody! We head to the arena soon!" Tenya said slamming the door, walking into the room.
Everyone ignored him and continued their conversations until..
"Midoriya, (Y/N). From an objective standpoint I thinks it's clear that I'm the stronger one here" Shoto said to you and Izuku.
You turn to face him and glare.
"I think it's obvious I'm stronger actually Shoto. But you go ahead and believe that," you say, bringing everyone's attention to your and Shoto's argument.
"However, Midoriya, you have All Might in your corner helping you. I'm not here to pry about what's going on between you two, but know that I will beat you," Shoto said to Izuku, completely ignoring you.
Izuku gasped and stared at Shoto who had a rather serious look on his face.
"What's with all the declarations of war lately?" Denki asked Bakugo.
Of course, Bakugo ignored the dumb blond.
"Yeah what's the big deal why are you picking a fight all of a sudden? And right before we get started?" Eijiro asked, putting a hand on Shoto's shoulder.
Shoto was being an ass and shrugged it off.
"We're not here to be each others friends. Don't forget this isn't a team effort," Shoto said, walking away from the class.
"Wait a sec Todoroki. I don't know what's going through your head or why you think you need to tell me that you'll beat me. And yeah, of course you're better that me. In fact you probably have way more potential than anyone in the hero course," Izuku said.
You felt a little hurt at his words.
You got into the hero course through recommendations just like Shoto.
Hell you even beat him, and here Izuku was saying Shoto was the best.
"Izuku, realize that you have more people to worry about other than Shoto. Me and Shoto both got in by recommendations. I came in first and he came in second by many points. If there's anyone to look out for, it's me," you said to Izuku.
He turned to stare at you, giving you a glare.
"I don't care (Y/N). I feel more threatened by Todoroki than by you. You always let your emotions get in your way so I have a chance at winning you," Izuku said.
You gasped and put a hand to your chest, genuinely hurt by his words.
You look down and clenched your fist.
"I get it Izuku. You don't have to put it like that. Yes, my emotions have gotten the better of me lately, but why don't you try living a day in my life. You'll see what I have to deal with everyday. The struggle of keeping my mouth shut when people on the street point and whisper about me, the struggle of keeping my father pushed out of my mind, the struggle of wanting to stay alive to see my future. So give me this chance to prove myself. I will prove myself and I will beat you. This is my declaration of war," you said glaring at him.
He glared back and soon enough you stormed out of the room.
You walked away, going into a different room to be left alone.
Damn, everyone is on such adrenaline. Izuku has never done that.
He would never do that unless the stakes were high like they are now.
You sat in a chair as the door slammed behind you.
You rested your head in your hands as your heart pounded.
Frustration, anger, hatred, hurt.
All of these emotions rushed through your veins at once, overwhelming you.
Suddenly the door opened, startling you. You threw a hand back and shut the door using an Unidentified quirk.
The door slammed shut and the person who opened it, fell back from the impact. You didn't care.
You were hurt and frustrated.
You didn't want to be touched nor talked to.
You locked the door and resumed your position.
Soon enough, all students were called to the stadium for the festival.
~~
"Hey! Make some noise you rabid sports fans! Get those cameras prepped media hoards! This year we're bringing you some class performances as sports festival history, guaranteed! I've only got one question before we start this show, ARE YOU READY?!" Mic screamed on his speaker that came with his hero costume.
"Let me hear you SCREAM as our students make their way to the stage!"
The classes walk onto the stage, your class walking in before all the others.
You walked proud, holding your head up high as you looked at the giant stands holding thousands of people.
"This first group are no strangers to the spotlight. You know them for withstanding a villain attack. The dazzling students light up the TV's with solid gold skills. The hero courses Class 1-A!" Mic finishes.
The cameras all turn their attention to your class.
You look up at the stands, seeing many eyes on you.
You continue to stand tall, ignoring the fact that they might know who you are.
At this moment you didn't care about what they knew or what they thought, you were gonna prove them wrong.
These people are gonna be amazed by us, by me..
"Now the introductory speech!" a woman said as she whipped a small leather whip in the air.
"This years Chief Umpire for the first years is the R-rated hero, Midnight!" someone announced as the female teacher struck a pose.
"Uh someone should talk to Miss Midnight about what she's wearing," Eijiro said, his face turning a bright shade of red.
"Yeah, that costume should come with a warning," Denki said, his facing matching the color of Eijiro's.
"Is that really appropriate apperal for a Highschool game?" Tokoyami asked.
"Silence everyone! And for the student pledge, we have Katsuki Bakugo and (Y/N) Chisaki!" Midnight said, calling you and Bakugo up to the mic stand.
You assumed it was because the two of you placed number one in your entrance tests. He walked cockily up to the stand, hands in his pockets.
You walked up side by side.
The both of you walked up to the mic.
"I just wanna say...I'm gonna win," the both of you said, strangely at the same time.
You look at each other surprised that you said the same thing.
You looked away first, your face heating ever so slightly from the embarrassment of sounding just like him.
You heard him laugh a bit, before your ears were filled with boos from the crowd.
"That's how they represent us?!" the class shouted from behind you.
"Why would you be so disrespectful? You're representing us all!" Tenya said, doing that annoying hand chop thing.
"Not my fault you're all just stepping stones to our victory," Bakugo said, putting his thumb down as he faced his classmate.
"Our victory?" You asked Bakugo.
"I- I meant my victory! D-dumbass," he said, mumbling the last part to only you.
You giggled.
You both walked down from the podium and back to join your class.
You knew that Bakugo wasn't being cocky, and neither were you.
You two were pushing yourselves.
Bakugo bumped his shoulder into Izuku's as you walked passed him.
You glared up at Izuku as you passed by him next.
He just stared as you and Bakugo made your way past them.
"Without further ado it's time for us to get started!" Midnight announced on the mic. "The first game of the festival! This is where you begin feeling the pain! The first faithful game of the festival, what would it be?!"
A giant slot like screen played behind Midnight, deciding on what the first game would be.
You stood and stared at the screen, waiting in anticipation.
"Ka-daa!" Midnight said as the screen now showed that the first event would be an obstical course.
She began to explain how it would work.
"As long as you don't leave the course, you're free to do whatever your heart desires! Now then, take your places contestants!"
Your class and school started to line up at the start.
The giant lights beginning to count down.
Three.. 'Time to show what I can do'.. Two.. 'No matter..'..One..'the cost!'
The students took off, starting the race.
You were among the fastest runners, challenging Tenya's speed.
The people behind got stuck in the building while you and many others took off.
Ice crackled behind you, causing the students to cry out, for now they were stuck in ice.
"Apologies," Shoto yelled back to those students that were frozen.
You were able to use your Mighty Wings quirk, not caring if it affected Hawks.
You flew over the icy ground.
You grunted as explosions and beams went off behind you, indicating that Bakugo was right behind you.
You sped up and Bakugo soon caught up to you.
He glared at you as he matched your speed.
You glared back at him, careful not to lose your speed.
Oh it's on.