Single Tears

"I've never said this to anyone. Not even my own family."

(Back to Y/N POV)

I wore simple jeans and a plain black t-shirt that day. My wand was clutched in my right hand as I looked at Voldemort. Draco stood beside me in his regular black suit. 

"You know what you must do." The raspy voice of the Dark Lord spoke. We nodded, keeping our heads down to our feet. "Wonderful!" He said pleasantly. "Off you go then." 

Draco grabbed my hand and we turned towards the school. People were casting a protection spell around it giving us limited time to get in. It was like our thoughts were connected because at the same time we ran straight for the closing circle. Our speed picked up, scared we weren't going to make it.

It felt like we weren't getting anywhere at all. It was closing at the same speed we ran, never letting us gain on it. Then Draco cast a spell that stopped the spread of the shield for a moment to let us slide under. 

I skidded under the barrier, scuffing up my shoes in the process.

"Draco!" I yelled as he was taking his sweet sweet time. "Hurry your bloody ass up!" Then he slid under too right as his defense fell and the shield closed with a loud bang, shaking the ground around us.

We didn't get up we just continued to sit to catch our breath. We looked upon the large school in front of us. The memories of walking those halls came back to me. I wanted to find Theo and Tracey and at least say hi. I haven't seen them for what seemed like ages. And who knew what was going to happen today. Good vs Evil. Draco and I vs our friends. 

"You know what might happen today..." Draco spoke solemnly.

I threw my head back in frustration. "Don't say it like that."

"Well, how do you want me to say it?" He said a bit sharper. "How the hell do I tell you I might never see you again?"

"That's not going to happen."
"That's what you said to Cedric."
"Don't bring that up, Draco."
"I didn't mean too. I'm just saying."

I looked at him but he didn't look back. A single tear trailed down his face, still refusing to look at me. I sighed. I knew he was right to some extent. Someone was going to die today. Whether it be one of us or not. 

"Y/N?" Draco said finally looking at me. The one single tear had multiplied.

"Yeah?"

"I want you to know something." He said. I didn't know if it was good or bad but my mind already went to the worst-case scenario. The air grew thick and in the distance, you could hear a mix of friendly conversations and people saying their goodbyes. "I've never said this to anyone. Not even my own family so you know when I say this, I mean it with everything I've got. I love you, Y/N. And if I don't see you after today, remember that for me, will you?" He choked out the last words through tears. He was scared of dying. It really gave me a sense of what was going to happen tonight. I could die. He could die. 

"I love you too, Draco." The tears had started coming out of my eyes as well as he pulled me into a hug. The closest hug we've ever been in. He put his hand on the back of my head, tangling his fingers in my hair as he kept repeating, 'I love you.' and 'I'm so sorry.' I could feel his heartbeat as the pace slowed and picked up in strange variations. 

We stood up, our hands squeezed together until our knuckles were white. "Don't get out of my sight. Understand?" I nodded and then we stepped forward. Towards the school. Towards, what could be, our end. 

Our job was simple on paper. But when you thought about it, it was insane. Absolutely insane. We were to retrieve Harry and bring him to the Dark Lord. It was a strange thing to feel. I didn't much like Harry after the stunt he pulled but Lord Moldy Voldy killed Cedric, killed my aunt, and was slowly killing me.