No Going Back

"My life flashed across my vision as if I was actually reliving it all over again."

Pretending to be part of them was becoming easier. A lot of death eaters had left the Manor for some reason. Among them was The Dark Lord. The few that stayed were Fenrir Greyback, Bellatrix, and Pettigrew.  

I started to act, talk, and dress like them and it was eventually becoming easier. Draco and I hadn't talked much out of shock but who can blame us? We were just two innocent teenagers that were about to be asked of so much more than we're capable of. We didn't know what that was yet, but we find out today.

Today was August third.

Narcissa told me that I needed to wear the nicest thing possible, to present myself, including the fur coat. 

I put on the outfit with a heavy heart knowing that this was the last moment of being a normal teenager. 

The day already felt grimmer than any I had experienced here so far. Putting on the coat gave me a sort of power I hadn't felt before. Whether it was good or bad, I couldn't tell. 

"Miss. Hartwood, it's time to go." A house-elf came into my room to notify. 

"Alright," I said blandly as it turned to leave. I straightened out what I was wearing one last time before walking out. My black heels clicking across the floor as I walked.

I met everyone at the front door. The people attending the ceremony included Narcissa, Bellatrix, Fenrir, and my mother. 

My 'mother' saw me come out and she looked like she was going to bust down in tears. "There's my daughter." She ran up to me and gave me a tight hug that I did not return. 

"Can we just go already?" Fenrir asked from ahead. Bellatrix jumped around excitedly. 

"YES!" And with that everyone filed out of the manor, Narccisa adjusting her gloves. 

Draco and I were the last ones out. As we walked down the cobblestone pathway Draco stopped me. 

"Are you ready?" He asked with worry in his eyes. 

"No," I said blandly. "But what choice do we have?"

Two black carriages were parked outside so the group had to split up. Narcissa came in the carriage with Draco and I while the other three went in the other one. 

The ride seemed to drag on and on. Draco and I sat on the same side but sat apart from each other staring out our own windows. 

"You know, for a romantic couple you two sure don't talk to each other a lot," Narcissa spoke up breaking the silence Draco and I knew well. 

"We talk enough," Draco said without looking at her. She just shrugged it off. 

The carriage came to a halt telling us we needed to walk the rest of the way. We got out and started walking through the destroyed pathways of the once busy Diagon Alley.

I started to hear faint talking and chattering and I didn't realize what I was until we came across something. I looked to the right and saw a change in scenery. Fred and George's shop... 

Most of the Diagon Alley had been shut down since the Death Eaters attacked it. I could've guessed that the twins would be the ones to brighten the mood.  

I stood there just staring at the lit-up building completely forgetting what was about to happen. For a moment at least. 

"Y/N," Draco whispered to me. I snapped back into reality and he grabbed my arm and pulled me along until he slid his hand into mine. We turned down a darker part of the alley entering Knockturn. That's when they caught my eye.

Harry, Ron, and Hermione. Three figures ducked when I glanced their way and they looked just like the golden trio. I rolled my eyes and continued to walk through the dark twist and turned off the Alley. And then we arrived. Draco froze at the sight of the store and I could tell what he was thinking. 

I followed Narcissa through the door. Bellatrix, Fenrir, and my 'mother' had already arrived and were huddled by a cauldron with Borgin.

"Ahh, Miss. Hartwood and Mr. Malfoy. Welcome." Said the man I could only assume was Borgin. I had never been down this part of the Alley and, to be honest, I was terrified. 

"Let me take that from you," My 'mother' said as she walked behind me and slid off my coat. It was all about to happen. 

Borgin walked over to me and Draco who were no longer holding hands. "Are you ready? There's no going back." The way he said it made it sound like we were going to die. The more I think about it the more I believe there's a chance of that actually happening. 

"Yes," Draco said. I stood still not moving at all, not responding. 

"Excellent. Come, come." he gestured us to stand in the middle of their little circle around the old cauldron. 

He said some words I didn't completely understand but the green bubbling liquid inside seemed to. A lump formed in my throat at the sight. 

Bellatrix could hardly control her excitement. Narcissa had a dark grin on her face, the same with my 'mother', and Fenrir seemed like he couldn't care at all. 

"Before we start, I want to show you something." Borgin had announced to me and Draco. "Your task." My heart started pounding at what awful thing it might be. Kill all our friends? Let Voldemort into the school? Destroy Hogwarts? The possibilities were endless. "Fix this cabinet." I almost laughed. That's it? 

"This is not ordinary cabinet," Narcissa said behind him. "The Vanishing Cabinet will ultimately let us into the school. It has two parts. One here, one in Hogwarts. You two have to repair the one at Hogwarts since Peeves broke it." Of course, he did. "It won't be easy and it will take work," Narcissa emphasized. I just nodded. Completly numb. What did I get myself into? 

Never in my life would I imagine I'd be helping Death Eaters come into Hogwarts, much less about to become one. 

"The Dark Lord will give you more information... later." Bellatrix taunted. "WELL? Let's get on with it then!" She snapped at Borgin who rushed towards the cauldron, obviously a bit un-nerved. 

He waved us back over to the large cauldron. "Stick out your left arms." I took a large breath and I hesitantly held it out, along with Draco. 

The pot started to glow brighter and everyone else around it moved away leaving me and Draco there alone. The light overtook the room as my left arm started to burn. 

My life flashed across my vision as if I was actually reliving it all over again. 

'Very funny. I know magic isn't real.'
'SLYTHERIN!!!!'
'Well, I'm Tracey Davis. I don't have too many friends here and I thought we could both use one."
'"Care to dance?" I looked between his gaze and his outstretched hand. Was he serious? My suspicions rose but something lit inside of me and told me to take it. I placed my hand gently into his cold palm. He raised me off the chair as well as he led me to the dance floor.'
'THAT'S MY SON! THAT'S MY BOY!'
'You made it. You're a seeker.'
'I jumped out of my seat, grabbed my broom, and shot off into the air with the twins.'
'Meet me at the tree.'
'We're you're parents.'
'You better believe that was real.'
'Stick out your left arms.'

The light faded and when my vision fully returned I was curled up in a ball on the floor, clutching my arm. It felt as if it were slipping apart and ripping itself to shreds. I sucked in my breath and bit my cheeks so I didn't show any pain. I sit up slowly and my 'mother' came rushing towards me. 

"How do you feel??"

"I feel fine." I pushed her off of me and stood up slowly. Dizziness took over and I grabbed the closest thing to me. Draco. 

After the wave of dizziness passed I took the chance to look at my arm. I was really hoping it hadn't worked but there it was. The dark mark. 

Something was inside of my skin squirming around making me want to puke but I held it together. 

You can't be weak around these people.

I repeated in my head. 

"Let's see them." Narcissa had said to Draco and I. We showed the black snake tattoo to them, a grin forming on everyone's face. "It has begun. The beginning of the end."