Butterbeer

"WHAT THE HELL, DRACEY? THAT'S-"

After try-outs I took a shower and cleaned up. Graham said that we wouldn't know who made the team for two more days which just made the anticipation build.

Tomorrow was the weekend so I could go to Hogsmeade again. I had been busy so I hadn't made it to the small town but this weekend I was going. 

I walked to the great hall to get some dinner and hopefully find Tracey and Theo. I know I hadn't been a great person recently and had been shutting off but hopefully, I can change that.

When I made it to the hall I found Theo and Tracey sitting together and I joined them. 

"Hey, Y/N. How were tryouts?" Tracey asked and it made me happy that she seemed to care.

"They went good, I think. Draco and I tied on the two tasks we had to do so I don't know what's going to happen." I informed the two of them, grabbing a chicken leg. 

"Well, when do you find out?" Theo buds in.

"Monday. I'm going to Hogsmeade to get it off my mind. Y'all wanna come?" 

They exchanged glances. Not like a normal sad type of one. They smiled.

"Of course."

---

After Filch dropped off everyone at the small snowy town, everyone headed off in a different direction. Some to the candy store, some to get a butterbeer, some to just walk around. The three of us, however, decided to take a walk in the woods. 

Why? I have no idea but the woods were calming to me. Our feet crunched the snow underneath us with each step we took. Our friendship got stronger on that trip for sure. It only took one day together and we were close again.

"Ok, ok." I said through laughs as we sat inside the warm interior of The Three Broomsticks. "but did you see Umbridge's face when we switched her pink sugar out for pink salt?" I said cracking up at the recent memory. Fred, George, and I had decided to prank her. She came out of her office screaming dramatically. She overreacted for sure but it was still the funniest thing ever. 

"Dang, wish I was there. I was studying for the test in potions." Tracey groaned in disappointment. 

"Oh, yeah-"

"Here you go." A waitress comes over and sets down three butterbeers in front of us. Thank god. 

"Thanks." Theo nods to her and she nods back before walking away to the kitchen/bar area again. 

We each picked up our glasses and raised them. "Cheers?" I asked while I tilted the glass towards there's.

"Cheers." They agreed. We clanged the glasses together making a little bit of the foam spill out of the top. We took a swig of the drink and it was complete bliss, as always. I chugged the rest of it as quickly as I could. I slammed the glass onto the table letting it bang against the dark wooden table. 

"Done."

"Merlin, Y/N." Theo laughed. 

After Theo and Tracey finished their drink, we got up to leave, leaving a few gallons on the table before. We walked out of the door and the second we get out of course Draco and his groups there. 

"Ew, it's Y/N." Pansy snarled while making faces at me. 

"Pansy leave her be." An unexpected voice said. Typically it was Blaise... but now? Now it was Draco. He grabbed her by the arm and pulled her into the restaurant we just came out of, the rest of his group following. As the door shut I could hear shrieks from an angry Pansy.

"WHAT THE HELL, DRACEY? THAT'S-" And that's all I heard before the door shut with a thud.

"Let's go," I mumbled before walking ahead of Theo and Tracey.

Shuffled footsteps ran up behind me. "Woah, slow down. The bloody hell was that?" Tracey asked grabbing my shoulder. 

"What was what?" 

"Draco defending you." She drew out the words to make her point. 

"He wasn't defending me-"

"Yeah, he was, Y/N," Theo said coming to the other side of me.

My mouth dropped open. "You're kidding. Right? Maybe Draco isn't as mean as everyone thought." 

"So now you're defending him too?" 

"Tracey, I'm not defending anyone. I'm just saying." I shook my head in disbelief. "Look it's not that big of a deal."

A smirk formed on Tracey's face who turned to Theo as one formed on his as well. I threw my head back in frustration and groaned. "Very funny guys. Very funny."