Furnunculus

"Fifteen points from Slytherin. That's my final word."

It was Christmas break so most everyone was going home for it. I stood by the train giving Tracey, Theo, and Cedric hugs and telling them goodbye. I wasn't going home though. Iris said she didn't want me home for some reason but that was fine, I'll get that castle to myself. 

I only knew a few people that were staying like Millicent and Marcus. They both kinds of got on my nerves but it shouldn't be too hard to ignore them since they don't talk to me.

I walked back to the castle and through the dimly lit hallways with no specific destination. I found the bridge and walked across it stopping halfway to peer out over the water. I heard someone get on the bridge as well and I turned to see who it was. Damnit. I thought he was leaving.

Luckily he didn't say anything as he walked by. We just exchanged looks of annoyance towards each other. Why couldn't he have gone home? Now my bloody Christmas break is about to be ruined.

After a while of staring at the glistening water, I walked towards the common room to get my books to return then head to dinner.

My books were left over by the black leather couch so I went to go get them. When I picked them up they flew right out of my hands again. I looked behind me and saw Pansy laughing stupidly. I rolled my eyes and turned to pick them up.

"Nice one, Pansy!" I heard the familiar voice say.

Just ignore them
Just ignore them
Just ignore them

I repeated to myself. I straightened myself out and started to walk out of the room.

"I know, Dracey." She said in her ugly flirting voice. I rolled my eyes as I stormed out of the room, my blood boiling.

---

After returning my books I went to the great hall for dinner. I sat down by myself considering all my friends were gone with their families. Must be nice. I picked at my food as my cheek rested in my palm.

I lifted my head as I saw green robes sit down in front of me. I had seen him around. I'm pretty sure he's in my Divination class but I've never talked to him.

"Why are you all alone, princess?" He said in a sweet accent making me blush a little.

"Oh- not really sure," I responded a little awkwardly looking into his green eyes as he looked into my E/C ones. He smirked a little bit before pulling something out of his pocket. He started writing on it with his quill.

"Here. I'll be waiting." He winked as he handed me the slip of parchment.

Meet me in the courtyard at 11:00 P.M. Don't get caught sneaking out.

I looked at it curiously but intrigued. 

"Names Adrian Pucey. Hope to see you soon-" He paused like he was waiting for a name.

"Oh, Y/N. Y/N Hartwood." I smiled as he retired with his black hair falling on his face.

"See ya, Hartwood." He got up and walked out of the great hall but before he did he put his fingers to his forehead and saluted it as a goodbye. A smile crept on my face. I stayed in my seat as thoughts filled my head. Did he really like me? I stuffed the note in my pocket and finished eating my dinner.

---

Back at the common room, I changed into some better clothes that weren't sweats and a sweatshirt. I had thirty minutes to get ready now.

 I had thirty minutes to get ready now