Well, Well

"AVADA KEDAVRA? ARE YOU INSANE??"

It had started in a blink of an eye it felt like. Before I knew it, everything around me was crashing to the ground in bright orange flames. I dodged spells and falling bricks as Draco and I sprinted hand in hand towards the interior of the school. 

"Brace yourself, love," Draco said out of the blue. He barely gave me any time to process it but before I knew it, my body felt like it had been ripped from me had it twisted and turned in different directions, my body feeling completely disconnected. 

Then I was in a completely different place, people rushing beside me. My mind whirled as I took it in. It slowly became clearer that I had apparated. I still felt dizzy and a bit out of it because of the short warning I received. 

I felt Draco let go of my hand and I watched him grab two boys by the collar of their shirts and drag them out of the crowd. I followed as quickly as I could. 

"Come on!" He yelled over his shoulder at me as they rushed through a smaller hallway. I picked up my pace and grabbed Draco's already outstretched hand. We ran for another couple of feet before everyone slowed.

Goyle looked behind him and flung his arms around Draco. Draco looked pissed as he didn't return the favor. "Bloody hell, mate!" Goyle exclaimed. "There you are." He said like a five-year-old with a celebrity crush. 

Blaise looked too and when his eyes met with mine a huge smile grew on his face. "Y/N??" The utter shock in his voice made me laugh. "Blimey!" Then he hugged me and I hugged him back. When he pushed me back he spoke again.

"Theo and Tracey are going mad without you. We need to find them." The smile never faded from my face as I thought of the couple. Then I felt awful. I had left them without a warning at all. 

"I agree. But we have something we need to do first." We all agreed and continued walking, Draco taking the lead through the dark, crumbling hallways. 

We slowed our pace as we came across more crumbling ceiling on the floor. The fact that we caused this seemed to flow through all four of us if Goyle even counts honestly. 

I started to hear footsteps and I pushed everyone behind me as they quickened their pace and drew nearer. "Potter," I whispered to Draco. His face fell at the mention of him. "What do we do?"

"Just wait." He responded. 

We waited for a moment to see what he was doing and why he was over on this side of the castle, alone. I narrowed my gaze at the boy who already looked like he'd been in a battle. It's barely even begun. 

Then I saw him stand still and I immediately knew what he was doing. That was the place Draco and I came to almost every day last year. That was the room of requirement. 

Soon the black engravings made its way on the wall, turning the plain wall into two decorative doors. Then he walked through.

Draco made his way to the front again, rushing out from the spot we were hiding in. Everyone followed suit, our footsteps being the only noise in the entire hallway. Seeing everything in shambles didn't get easier as I looked behind me and saw all the cracks and missing spots in the walls, ceiling, and floor. 

We stopped in front of the door as it slowly faded away in front of our eyes. 

"Well," Goyle taunted. "Open it!" 

"Shut up Goyle," Draco said harshly. It was obvious he hadn't missed him. He closed his eyes and the rest of us watched the wall in patience. Waiting for any subtle change. Then it happened.