Dragons

"I get it. He gets on your nerves." She pulled me into a soft hug. "Just ignore him and It'll be ok." 

I flung the flap of the large tent open and jumped into Cedric's arms, wrapping mine around his neck. He hugged me back tightly.

"I can't believe this is actually happening." I sobbed into his shoulder making him lay his chin on the top of my head.

"It'll all be ok, it's just-"

"Dragons," I say with a laugh sniffling.

"Yeah, dragons." We were interrupted by two loud camera shutters. I shut my eyes and put my forearm out to protect my eyes from the flashing light.

"Young love!" Reeta Skeeter exclaimed. I wouldn't mind if she got put in the arena with a dragon honestly. "Oh, how, mmm, stirring." She reports to the two couples. Well neither are a couple really. One is like best friends and the other is basically me and my older brother. "If everything goes... unfortunately today, you four may even make the front page."

"It's not going to go, unfortunately." I snap at the crazed reporter as Harry and Hermione looked shocked at what had just happened. 

"Yeah, you have no business here. This tent is for champions and friends." Viktor Krum agreed with me as he approached from where he was previously sitting. Skeeter looked a little unnerved by being told off.

"No matter. We've uh, got what we wanted." She said with a big smile before turning around and walking off. What a bitch.

Soon Dumbledore comes in and starts talking to all the champions before he takes a double-take at me and Hemione.

"What are you doing here Miss. Granger, oh, and Hartwood."

Hermione left and I gave Cedric another big hug and said good luck before walking out the tent to the stands.

I kept my head down at my feet thinking of all the worst possibilities. Would Cedric get killed? 

No, he'll be fine. Stop thinking like that. 

I scold myself again. I kept walking until I ran into someone's hard chest.

"Shit, sorry, Y/N," The voice said as they stuck a hand out to help me up.

"Oh hey Blaise," I said sadly as he hoisted me up.

"You ok? You seem kind of off." He said worriedly as I brushed myself off and straightened out my grey sweater.

"Yeah, just Cedric." He nodded his head as if that's all he needed to hear.

"How bout you come sit with me?" He offered as we continued to walk towards the stands. I knew who he was sitting with and there was no way in hell I was sitting with Draco and his gang of bitches.

"Oh, no. You sit with Draco." I laughed at him. "I'll stick with Tracey. Thanks though."

"Why do you and Draco hate each other so much? I mean he never stops complaining about you and how much you get on his nerves and how annoying you are." He scoffs. Honestly, I didn't know why I hated him so much. He's just rude all the time for no reason.

"He's just rude," I said blandly as we reached the stands.

"Is that all?" Blaise said with an eyebrow raised curiously.

"Well, he's also really full of himself. Even his ego is bigger than my di-"

"BLAISE." Blaise turned around to see Draco calling him up.

"Your prince is calling you," I smirked as he sighed and ran up the stairs of the stands to get to them. I went up in the opposite direction to get to Tracey and Theo. He had stopped hanging out with his group so much this year and it was nice having him around at least some of the time.

The games started and Cedric was the first one to come out. Theo and Tracey were trying to calm me down the entire time. I wanted to look away but I just couldn't for some reason. I would blame myself if something happened to him while I wasn't watching because everything's my fault. 

Cheering erupted throughout the stadium as Cedric blinding the dragon, grabbing the egg. I screamed happily and jumped around in circles. I tore down the stairs and to the champion tent.

"YOU DID IT!" I yelled as I charged towards the tall Hufflepuff. He laughed thankfully and hugged me.

"I DID IT!" We laughed at his success and he showed me the egg.

"Oh, wow it's beautiful." It was golden and had engraving along the exterior of the entire thing.

"Here let's open it together. Ready?" I nodded as we both placed a hand on the top of the egg. "3...2...1..." We twisted it at the same time and as we did so it screeched loudly. I slapped my hands over my ears and the egg crashed to the ground as Cedric and I stumbled back.

He eventually got a hold of himself and grabbed the egg to shut it. We both looked at each other still recovering from the loud noise before we burst out laughing.

See I told you he'd be fine.

I said to myself with a smile.

---

We were in the great hall eating dinner when I saw Blaise come up to me.

"Hey, I'm happy for you." He said with a big smile making my eyebrows twist in confusion as I look down at the newspaper in his hands. I snatch it and flip it open.

Young love with the champions! Y/N Hartwood a young, fiery Slytherin, seems to have taken interest in the Hufflepuff Cedric Diggory!

I groaned at the title as the picture below it was the picture of me and Cedric hugging before the first challenge. Hermione also has an article about her and Harry and decided she needed to see it too. I walked over to the Gryffindor table and slapped the paper in front of her letting her pick it up in front of her face.

I walked back over to my friends as I turned to face Blaise.

"We're not dating." I huffed as I crossed my arms making him laugh but his facial expression changed when some people walked up behind me.

"Blaise, why do you insist on talking to these twats." Draco snarled stopping next to Blaise.

"Don't like me? Fuck off. Problem solved." I spat at him as I reached for the table grabbing my jacket. "See ya Blaise." I walked out of the great hall and towards the dungeons, Tracey following behind me.

"I'm surprised you have that kind of gut. If his father knew-" I stopped abruptly looking her dead in the eyes.

"I don't care what his father thinks. I don't care what his little group thinks. And I sure as hell don't care what he thinks." I breathed out. "shit. I'm sorry I didn't mean to yell I just-"

"I get it. He gets on your nerves." She pulled me into a soft hug. "Just ignore him and It'll be ok." She assured me.