Rebellion

"I noticed that no one in the room was a Slytherin. Shocker."

I sat on a black leather sofa in the common room thinking about the game tonight. I was upset we had lost but I wasn't taking it as bad as some of the others were. Draco, for example, had been rude to everyone after the game. Telling them we would've won if they tried harder. He even said that to me and I didn't play. 

I sighed heavily, placing my forearms on my thighs and clasping my hands together. The fire's flames flickered casting dancing shadows across my face. I watched as they moved gracefully around. Something about fire always made me happy. 

"Hey," A quiet voice spoke. I turned my head and relief flushed over me when I realized it was only Tracey. "Shouldn't you be getting to bed? It's late and everyone's going to Hogsmeade tomorrow." She always cared about me and always looked after me. Reminded me to eat, to study, to sleep. I don't know how I got so lucky with her. 

"Thanks. But I think I want to stay out here a little longer." I turned my attention back to the orange flames. 

"Alright. Have fun." She slapped me upside the head lightly before she turned to go back up to the girl's dorms. 

After a while, I stood up from the sofa and walked up to the dorm. I flopped on my bed and pulled the green tapestry's to cover to bed before curling up under the covers. I buried my head in my pillow and felt nothing. Not a thing. Finally, a sense of tiredness swept over me pulling me into a deep sleep.

---

When I woke up I got dressed in layers and got ready to head out to the small town with Theo and Tracey. I threw on some baggy jeans, a grey shirt, and my striped green scarf with a black hat. 

I meant my two friends by the entrance to the school and got ready to go. 

"Someone looks tired," Theo commented to me. I just laughed it off and pretended like it was just a funny joke. I knew he wasn't kidding, though. 

Filch led us down to the village and when we got there the first thing we did was get Butterbeers. We loved those. Theo chugged his down so fast he started to look sick. Finally, he admitted he wasn't feeling well and was going to go back. Tracey offered to take him back and told me to have fun once again.

I didn't know what I was going to do but I was going to take advantage of the peaceful day. I deserved it. 

I walked aimlessly around the snowy town having no idea where I was going. First, I walked through the woods and saw the shrieking shack. I walked up the hill until I got to a spot that brought back a lot of memories. Good and bad.

This was the spot that laughter had filled my lungs when Draco came running out of the woods scared of some magic snowballs. We got into this pointless fight thinking back on it. This was also the spot I met Cedric. I looked around and I swore for a second I saw him standing in front of me smiling. I missed him...

I turned left and walked down the empty street. This was a part of Hogsmeade that not a lot of people went too. I walked past a small tavern when I heard chattering coming from inside one. I crouched below one of the windows to the building and show a bunch of Hogwarts students.

Confusion swept through me as I pressed my ear to the foggy window to see if I could hear anything. 

"And he killed a Basilisk." A voice chirped from inside. The noise was muted enough so that I couldn't tell who was talking at any given time. "with the sword in Dumbledore's office." Who did that? Were they talking about Dumbledore? Because no student I know could pull off something like that. 

"It's true."

"Third year, he fought off about 100 dementors at once." I do remember those awful things that guarded the castle against Sirius Black. 

"And last year, he really did fight off You-Know-Who in the flesh." Were they talking about Harry??? No way. No way he killed a basilisk. I've heard of those things. That's bloody brilliant. 

"Wait. Look, it all sounds great when you say it like that, but the truth is, most of that was just luck." With my ear still pressed against the window, I continued to listen to the conversation. From what I could gather a bunch of students were creating a rebellion against Umbridge to fight back. If it was against her, I'm in. But I never went in to sign my name when everyone else did. 

I noticed that no one in the room was a Slytherin. Shocker. I didn't want to invite myself to something that I wasn't wanted to anyway. Before I could go in, I walked away from the small wooden tavern and back on the trail to Hogwarts.

Something behind me caught my attention. I turned around to see two boys running towards me. 

"Hartwood, wait up." They both called after me. I slowed my pace to a complete stop, stuffing my hands in my pockets. 

"We know you heard it," Fred said with a short laugh

"We saw you through the window." George finished. 

Dang. "Well, guess I need to work on my sneaking around skills." I teased. 

"Look, we know you want to join but your kind of... well-"

"A Slytherin. I get it no need to worry." I said even though the disappointment was evident in my tone.

"Y/N, we really want you to join. We'll talk to Harry for you but if not you can help in other ways." George said.

"Why do you guys care so much?" I turned to face them completely and crossed my arms. 

They looked between each other before grinning broadly. I tried to keep my serious face but just couldn't. 

"You're like us."