Liquid Luck

"Merlin, Y/N, just trying to help."

Draco and I had finalized the plan and decided to execute it next time we went to Hogsmeade. Borgin had sent us a cursed Opal necklace that will kill someone if they touch it. We were going to use the Imperius Curse on an adult to give the necklace to a student to give to Dumbledore. I don't know how well it will work but the plan is pretty foolproof. 

Now we were standing in potions class. I had the class with Tracey which was a relief. We stood by the rest of the Slytherins but far enough away. 

"Ah. Harry, my boy. I was beginning to worry. We've brought someone with us, I see." Harry and Ron entered the classroom late. 

"Ron Weasley, sir." The name reminded me of Fred and George. I hadn't spoken to them since last year and it was already killing me. "But I'm dead awful at Potions, a menace, actually. So I'm probably gonna-"

"Nonsense, we'll sort you out." 

The conversation lagged on and I wasn't interested in it anymore so I focused my attention back to the table full of brewing potions. 

"Now, as I was saying. I prepared some concoctions this morning. Any ideas what these might be?" Of course, Hermione gets called on and answers correctly. Nothing new has changed here I guess. 

"And this is Amortentia. The most powerful love potion in the world. It's rumored to smell differently to each person according to what attracts them." She goes on to tell us what she smells and the rest of the girls, including Tracey, end up edging towards the boiling potions trying to see what they smell. I stayed back since I could already smell it from here. 

I looked over to see Draco looking at me. A smirk grew on both of our faces as we knew what it meant. We smelt each other. I smelt Draco's cologne and he smelt parchment, sea salt, and rosemary. 

"Sir, you haven't told us what's in that one." A Gryffindor asked after he closed the lid of the potion. 

"Ah yes. What you see before you, ladies and gentlemen is a curious little potion known as Felix Felicis. But it is more commonly referred to as-"

"Liquid luck." Hermione interrupts. Again. I knew she was smart but she didn't have to answer everything. 

He congratulates her on getting it right before telling us if we get it wrong it could be dangerous. 

"One sip and you will find that all of your endeavors succeed." I twisted in my spot knowing that we'd need that. "At least until the effects wear off. So this is what I offer each of ou today. One tiny vial of liquid luck to the student who, in the hour that remains, manages to brew and acceptable Draught of Living Death. The recipes for which can be found on page 10 of your books." Everyone started shuffling through their bags getting their books out. "I should point out, however, only once did a student manage to brew a potion of sufficient quality to claim this prize. Nevertheless, good luck to you all. Let the brewing commence."

With that everyone separated into their tables and started to work on their potion. I was stressing and knew that either Draco and I had to get that potion. I was at a table with Tracey and two other students I didn't know. I was completely focused on my own thing. 

"You know it would be easier if you rolled your sleeves up." Tracey scoffed at me as he noticed my robes were getting in the way. I shot him a nasty look at the offer.

"No."

"Merlin, Y/N, just trying to help." She mumbled. 

I continued with the potion trying to cut the Sopophorous bean but it kept bouncing away. Finally, I got it still enough where I could cut it. I dripped the juice into the pot. After adding another ingredient I stirred it ten times clockwise, turning the potion lilac. But just as I had, Slughorn had congratulated Harry. As if that was any surprise. 

"So here we are, then, as promised. One vial of Felix Felicis. Congratulations. Use it well." He said as he handed Harry the potion at the front of the class.

Everyone's hair was messed up and some had stuff all over their face. I, on the other hand, was perfectly fine. I looked over to see what happened to Draco.

"You look awful," I said with a laugh as I came up beside him, Tracey following me. 

"I could say the same for you." He said sarcastically. Everyone in the room started clapping for Harry except for the Slytherin side. The rivalry also hadn't changed. Everything seemed normal except for me and Draco, everything was completely flipped.