The Holiday Break

"When I reached it a new note was on the tree again."

After the match, I met up with Theo and Tracey, like I said I would, to see what they had been up too. It was nice to talk with them again in the common room like normal.

We sat by the crackling fire just laughing at stupid jokes and stuff. After a while, I decided I wanted to go check the tree to see if, whoever he or she may be, had responded. It wasn't dark yet but the sun was setting.

I ran down the field and my heart skipped when I saw that the white paper was still nailed on the tree. 

I reached it and there was a fresh sheet of parchment on it with new writing. 

No, I don't want to share the tree. I found it first. And no it doesn't matter who I am so stop being curious. Problem solved. Don't call me mystery person.

I sighed at the stubbornness of whoever it was but it reminded me of myself. 

Well, deal with it. How about this. You give me a hint on who you are every time you put a letter on this tree or I still call you mystery person. First, what house are you in?

I smiled at the note and hung it back on the tree before retreating back into the common room. Winter break started tomorrow meaning that Tracey and Theo would be leaving. Amos said he was going to visit some family over Christmas break so I had to stay here. He actually offered that I could go but I didn't want to get in the way.

By the time I returned to the common room it was dark outside. I reached the dorms and saw Tracey sitting on her bed. 

"Hey," She said kindly as she set down the book she was reading. "I'm sorry you have to stay here for Christmas."

"It's fine, I'll get over it," I told her. We settled into bed for the last time before she had to go home. 

------

Morning rolled around and everyone got up to say their goodbye's.

I let go of the hug I was in with Theo and Tracey. "You two have fun. See you guys in two weeks." I smiled at them as they walked to the platform. 

I waved until the train was out of sight. When I turned around to go back to the castle I was met with someone.

"Staying here too I reckon?" The blonde says.

"Yeah. Why don't you ever go home for Christmas?" I asked as we started to walk back to the castle together. 

"Father's got work."

"What about your mom?"

"Listens to my father." 

I looked at him in sympathy. He looked back and gave me a weak smile. I had hardly ever seen Draco in something other than his class robes or that black suit but he was wearing comfortable looking clothes for once.

"Any of your friends staying?" I asked him.

"Nope. They all went home." I nodded as we approached the entrance to the main part of the castle. I realized that I wanted to go check and see if the person put up a new note.

"Alright, well have fun. I've got something I need to do." He nodded and went inside while I turned around and ran down to the tree.

When I reached it a new note was on the tree again.

Ok fine. But I decide what hint I'm giving you lucky for you I was going to answer this one anyway. I'm in Slytherin.

I don't know how long the note had been up for so whoever it was could've left on Christmas break. That's actually a really likely possibility. Not many people were staying. Out of all the Slytherins, only around 20 were staying.

Ok, but I'm curious. Are you staying for the Holiday?

The curiosity for whoever it was kept building. The anticipation of wanting to know who it was was extreme. I was nervous and excited to find out who it was. If I ever found out.