Settled

"It was as if he could see right through me."

"Here we are," Narcissa told me as we came across a door. She opened it and let me in. The room was decorated in green and everything in the room looked expensive. I walked in and examined the large space. To the right was the bed and a fireplace along with a char. By the window was a desk, and to the left was a small staircase that led to an area with a large bookshelf. 

"Draco mentioned you liked books so we modified the library to be a room." I saw that all my bags from Amos' had already been brought up here. 

That was quick

"Thank you, Narcissa." She smiled at me before leaving and closing the door behind her. I walked around the large room to get a better look at everything. Out the window, you could see the large gardens. I walked over to my bags and started to unpack everything. 

Knock
Knock
Knock

Three light taps came from my door. At this point, I had barely even made a dent in unpacking. 

"Come in," I said loud enough so they could hear me. The door creaked open revealing Draco. 

"Hey, how'd it go?" He asked as he closed the door and walked over to me. I just shrugged my shoulders. "What happened." It was as if he could see right through me.

"My mother told me she missed me but I don't know. All this has happened so quickly. I was only supposed to be here for lunch but now I'm moving in? Not only that but I'm joining the Dark Lord." I continued pulling out the small number of clothes that I had at Amos'. I hadn't even started on the ones that Narcissa bought me. 

"It was a shock to me too." He flopped on my bed and looked at the ceiling. Our silence happened again but, as usual, it was nice. 

I finally finished with the stuff from Amos' and I could finally move on to the other clothes. There were so many bags it was outrageous. 

"Bloody hell, Y/N. How much did my mom buy?" 

"I told her not to." I laughed. "Not complaining though." I started pulling out all the dresses, skirts, shirts, and shoes that I had gotten. The thought that I would have to wear this most of the time now scared me. 

The last thing I pulled out was the dark grey fur coat. "Why'd you get that?" 

"Your mom just gave it to me and said I'd need it later. Whatever that means." I mumbled the last sentence as I went to hang up the coat in the large walk-in closet. 

Draco's smile faded. "What?" I asked him at the grim expression on his face. 

"Have you not figured it out?" I shook my head confused. "You're going to need to wear that when your not wearing your robes to cover it." 

"You're going to need to be more specific than it." I crossed my arms and leaned into my hip.

"Are you that oblivious?" He sighed as walked over to me. "The dark mark," He grabbed my left arm. "will go right here." His cold fingers let go and my arm dropped to my side. "It's not small either. You'll need to hide it."

"Have you gotten yours already?" I asked hoping that wasn't rude. 

"No. We're getting us at the same time. August third. It's less than a month away." The thought was terrifying. In less than a month I'd have to do whatever task I need to and there was no turning back

"Draco how are we going to hide this," I started making it clear I was talking about us. "When we go back?"

He stepped closer to me and peered down at me. "We don't have too." 

"Yes, we do. What will people think if they see-"

"I don't give a damn what anyone else thinks anymore." His tone was rough with anger as he stepped away from me for a second. "They can hate you all they want, I don't care."

"Well, what if I care?" I didn't exactly like the idea of people hating me. 

He looked me dead in the eyes. "Stop caring." 

"You should be a therapist." I scoffed, my tone laced with sarcasm. 

"I'm serious, Y/N." 

"Well, I am too." 

"So you don't want people to know?"

"I don't want people to hate me, Draco." He took a long breath before continuing.

"Why do I think it's more than that?" 

"There's nothing more to it."

"Tell me." His voice was demanding but I didn't know what to say.

"It's nothin-"

"DON'T LIE TO ME." He grabbed my shoulders and pinned me up against a wall. My pulse quickened and he looked at me with anger. But the longer he looked the quicker his gaze softened. "Whatever." He backed away.

"Fine." He stopped walking, his back still turned to me. "I think this is all a cruel joke. My parents are really dead. You don't really like me. I'm just a normal girl in London. Magic isn't real. It's all in my imagination. That's what I mean when I say 'nothing'. It's never nothing." He was now facing me. I could tell that he understood completely. 

"I can't prove that any of that is real." He walked closer to where I was standing a little apart from the wall. "Except for this." His pace quickened and before I knew what was happening he slammed his lips into mine, pushing me softly back on the wall. His hands slid down to my lower waist. I lifted my arms around his neck and tangled my fingers in his hair, pulling him closer. The kiss was complete bliss and the world around me faded once more like it did when we danced that night at the ball. 

He pulled back, breathing heavily as his body was pressed against mine. He rested his forehead on mine. "You better believe that was real."