Find Him

"I can't tell if it was stress or motivation or anxiety."

My energy was quite low today. I don't know how I was going to pull off a decent game of Quidditch. I sat in the Great Hall in my jersey eating breakfast. I don't know where Draco was. He wasn't coming to the game. 

I mean he never said he wasn't but I just knew. Somehow I knew. I sat away from most of the team since I didn't like them very much, honestly. I ate slowly, my motivation at an all-time low. Even breathing felt like a chore.

Draco and I had no idea how we were going to kill Dumbledore. The first attempt failed and we had no plan for a second. If that fails I have no clue what will happen. 

------

Everyone had entered the field. The crowd was cheering as loudly as ever. I must've been in my own little world because Blaise nudged my shoulder and asked if I was ok. Of course, I lied and told him I was better than ever. 

Draco's broom was a lot quicker and more expensive than my old one. I didn't care though and still wanted it. 

We shot up into the air and the snitch was released. I chased after it once I had my sight set on it, Harry did too. I had to beat him. On a normal day, I would have liked Harry and wouldn't feel hatred towards him at all but it wasn't. I haven't had a 'normal day' for months now. The conversation I have is about killing Dumbledore without killing anyone else and smuggling death eaters into Hogwarts to help Voldemort. 

I snapped back into reality but a little too late. I had flown right into the back of Peakes. At least that's what the back of the jersey said. 

He turned to help me from falling off my broom but I smacked his hand away. He looked at me with disgust and I glared back before he turned and flew away. 

I straightened myself again before flying around again trying to find the snitch again. The crowd was cheering for Ron because he had seemingly gotten better. 

The entire rest of the game became a blur. I didn't try to chase it anymore. I had given up. I can't tell if it was stress or motivation or anxiety. But I just flew around aimlessly hoping for the game to end. 

Finally, the whistle blew telling me that the other team had one. I would've been upset but I could hardly think straight anymore. I flew down to the ground and into the locker room without much thought. I didn't go to the after-game meeting or anything.

I changed out of my game robes quickly and into a pair of black jeans and a silk green top before rushing out hoping to not see anyone as I did so. 

Luckily I didn't. 

I ran down the hallway trying to find Draco. I didn't know where he could be and didn't know why I needed to find him. It was like something inside of me shifted. 

First, I went to check the common room. I didn't see him there but I decided to take a detour and go to the dorms first. I found Tracey sitting on her bed which was odd. She was hardly in the dorm this early. It was hardly three. 

"Hey, you alright?" I asked as I walked to sit on my bed too. 

"Yeah, just actually doing my homework." She said bitterly as she turned her attention back to the books. "That was a joke." She said. "Well, kinda." A laugh had escaped easing the tension a little bit. 

She closed her books and looked at me. "What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be with the team?" 

"No, I decided not too." She shrugged her shoulders as if it was an ordinary thing. 

"Oh, by the way." She spoke up and dug in her pockets bringing out a letter. "Your owl dropped this off while you were at your game." She handed it to me. "It's from Draco's parents." 

I nodded and opened it. It told me the two of us would be returning for Christmas which was odd because Draco never returned for Christmas. So why did it change?

"What is it?" Tracey asked. 

"I guess Draco and I are going to the Manor for Christmas," I told her. She nodded and continued to study. His name reminded me I needed to find him. 

So, I got up and left again. This time actually going to find him.