The Demons In Her Head

"Once I had dug through my pockets to find my wand, I held it out with shaky hands."

"You've got it, right?" Draco asked me as we hid around one of the corners. 

"Mhm," I responded pulling out the silver package containing the cursed necklace. 

He nodded his head and looked around the corner to see if the coast was clear. "Alright. You know what happens when you fail." He said blandly as he walked out of the corner. I just nodded. "Ok so then don't."

"You need to work on your encouragement, Dracey." I hadn't called him that name for a while. He pressed his lips in a line and tried to hold in a very obvious smile. 

"Whatever. Don't fail, Dimwit." I shook my head with a smile as we both went separate ways. Him to the detention room with McGonnagal. Me to Hogsmeade. 

Of course, Draco had to get detention on the most pressuring day. 

I walked down the path to get to Hogsmeade. I went a little bit after the main group so the necklace didn't slip out on accident somehow. The walk was as cold as it usually was trying to get down there.

Eventually, I came to the back of the three broomsticks and waited for someone to come out. 

I waited and waited and waited for what seemed like hours. The longer I waited the colder I got. I needed someone to come out soon or I was going to freeze. My nose had already gone numb. 

A creak coming from the back door made my heart start to race. I started to second guess everything up until this point. I had caught myself doing that more and more. It scared me. 

I peered over the little corner and noticed Madam Rosmerta was the one who had come out. She was the landlady of the Three Broomsticks. Perfect. 

Once I had dug through my pockets to find my wand, I held it out with shaky hands. I took a long deep breath. 

'It's now or never'
'No, Y/N, please don't do it.'
'SHUT UP! DO IT!'
'please...'
'You'll die if you don't. He'll die.'

"Imperio." I chanted under my breaths. The demons in my head had been talking and I couldn't get them out. It all started the day I got my Dark Mark. There was something in it...

A light shot out of my wand kicking back just a little as it shot at the lady. She became stiff before letting all her muscles relax completely. I had just cast an unforgivable curse. If I was ever caught I'd surely be sent to Azkaban. If kids could even go. 

"Give this to a student with the instructions to give it to Dumbledore and Dumbledore only." I walked out, my face covered by a hood, and handed her the silver package. She took it without hesitation and began to walk around the side of the house too, hopefully, be finding a student. 

I watched as she walked out of my gaze. The further she walked the further my heart dropped. The letter attached to the necklace when Borgin sent it told us that it had the power to kill. Kill, kill, kill.

The words traveled through my mind and were repeated until they didn't even sound like normal words anymore. But it was something that I was going to be responsible for. Murder. I was going to be the reason for someone's death.