Banished From the Grounds

"By that word alone I knew who it was. Only one person called me that."

Everyone flooded the hallways after school the next day as news spread quickly throughout it. Apparently Umbitch was banishing Trelawney from the grounds. It's a shame, she was probably my favorite teacher even though nobody else seemed to like her. 

I rushed out with Theo by my side. I had no idea where Tracey was. We reached where the croud was forming outside and pushed ourselves to the side, away from where Trelawney was standing with her bags. Filch came out carrying another one of her bags and set it down in front of her. 

Soon, the main doors rattle shut and out came Umbitch. She held her self high and mighty even though she was short and stubby. Trelawney was mumbling and tripping over bags wherever she went. "Six..." She started breathlesly. "Sixteen years I've... I've lived and taught here. Hogwarts is my home." That word always seemed to hit me hard. 

'Home.' It was such a simple and everyday word but to me it always seemed more than that. It seemed that whatever house I lived in with Iris was never really home. Maybe it was because I didn't have my parents. They were murdered before anything but I never knew a life with them so how could I miss that? But ever since I arrived here and met the people I did I've found that maybe home isn't a place... maybe it's the people you share it with. 

"You... you can't do this." She cried making me feel awful. I could feel the pain she was going through. It wasn't fair. 

"Actually, I can." Umbitch said as she held up a folded piece of parchment which, by the looks of it, was her inquisitor certificate. 

Trelawney sobbed quieter then louder. McGonnagal pushed her way through a crowd to the right of where Theo and I were standing. She pulled Trelawney into a hug and let her weep into her cloak.

"Something you'd like to say, dear?" Umbitch piped up. 

"Oh, there are several things I would like to say." She fired back nastily. Good. She soothed the sobbing teacher until a loud stir came from the main doors once more. 

Out stepped Dumbldore. Now, I didn't particularly like him, I knew he could help and I still respected him. He marched over to where the three adults were standing. 

"Proffesor McGonagall, might I ask you to escort Sybil back inside?" They two of them started to walk towards the entrance, Trelwaney giving a heavy thanks to him as she walked by. 

"Dumbledore. May I remind you that, under ther terms of Educational Decree Number 23, as enacted by the Minister..." She starts before Dumbledore cuts her off.

"You have  the right to dismiss my teachers. You do not, however, have the authority to banish them from the grounds. That power remains with the headmaster."

"For now." She says almost like a threat before waltzing off.

"Don't you all have studying to do?" The Headmasters voice boomed through the area, bouncing off the stones. Everyone started to murmer at what they had just witnessed.

"Hey, where's Tracey?" I whispered to Theo. 

"I'm not sure. Probably the library." He responded. Over everyone mumbles I heard Harry yelling for Dumbledore as he chased after him. 

I started to walk off when Theo caught my arm.

"Wait, did you make the team?!" I completely forgot to tell the two of them.

"Oh, bloody hell, I forgot to tell you. I did. I'm a seeker!" Theo pulled me into a quick hug and told me he was proud. I thanked him and started walk where I was going before. I told Theo he should probably go and find Tracey and that I'd look for her too. 

I kept my head down in the crowded halls which wasn't the best idea but I still did anyway. Then I heard someone behind me. "Y/N." I turned around to see who called my name but I didn't see anyone who looked like they needed me so I ignored it. "Y/N you dimwit. Behind you." By that word alone I knew who it was. Only one person called me that. 

I turned to see Draco. "Can we talk about quidditch now?" I nodded and the two of us walked down to the courtyard and sat in the grass below a tree.

"Alright, well I'm knew to this so what do you thinks the best way to go." I asked him as we both got settled.

"I say we take Grahams advice and do every other game. It'll be the easiest." He offered. This was completely new. Draco and I being decent to each other? What next, my parents come back from the dead?

"Ok. Can I ask you a few questions about it? I mean I know how to play but just about schedules and stuff?" I questioned and he looked a me with a weird look. 

"Go for it." The look changed into a soft smile.