I'm So Sorry

"He thinks you'll pick up his legacy,"

Shock flooded through me along with thousands of questions. She pulled me into a hug and my 'father' ran up and hugged me too. I couldn't help but think this was all a sick, twisted prank. That Draco didn't actually like me. That Narcissa actually hated me. That these people weren't my parents. 

The people around me cheered and clapped at the so-called reunion. 

"But your dead," I said into the hug. 

"We know you must have a lot of questions and we promise we're going to answer them all but right now we can't." My 'mother' said. I didn't fight back like I normally would because death eaters surrounded me and one wrong move would cost me everything. 

I just nodded my head. Completely and utterly speechless. There's no way. At any moment I would wake up from this dream. 

"Like we said," Narcissa spoke up. "you and Draco will go on a walk in the gardens out back. We have some business to deal with." Once again it wasn't an offer or question. 

I nodded quicker this time, ready to see Draco again. He had hardly spoken to me at all since I got here. And I could understand why. 

Draco got up and rushed over to me. His face was full of fear, something I've never seen there before. 

For the first time ever, he put his hand in mine first. I didn't hesitate to squeeze my hand in his. We walked out of the crowded room and to where the exit was.

I closed the glass door behind me as we finally exited the manor. The gardens were gorgeous. It was full of pathways, benches, and plants. I didn't expect anything less from these people, however.

Draco sped-walked into the twists and turns of the garden, me following. When we reached the point where we could hardly see the manor over bushes, Draco stopped. He turned around and did something unexpected. 

He rushed towards me and pulled me into a tight hug. "I'm so sorry." He sobbed into my shoulder. I had never seen this side of him before. I pulled him even closer, if even possible. 

"Why are you sorry?" I asked as I let him sob. "Draco..." I ask again after he doesn't respond. 

"I'm so sorry." He repeats again. "It's all my fault." I didn't know what was going on but I wanted to help. 

"Draco, talk to me," I said calmly. His sobs ceased and he pulled back from the hug and looked at me. When he did, he broke down again. He turned his back to me and started to cry again, running his hands through his messed up hair. 

He didn't respond yet again and I knew I needed to calm him down before he'd talk. I came up and hugged him from behind. I laid my cheek on his back.

His sobs turned to sniffles and sniffles turned to silence. "Here," I let go from around him and walked towards the closest bench. I sat down on it and gestured for him to do that same. Which he did. He leaned forward and buried his head in his hands. 

"I'm so sorry, Y/N." The words were muffled and every time he would say it, the sadder it got. 

"What are you sorry about?" I repeated. Finally, he took a deep breath and let out a shaky one. 

"Everything. Things are about to get really bad and I've dragged you into the middle of it."

"What's going to get worse?" I knew something was going on because death eaters filled their living room at the moment. 

"The Lord is back and he's going to get what he thinks he deserves. Revenge. He's going to drag my family back into it. My family's going to drag me into it. And they're going to make me drag you into it." He looked at me with sorrow in his eyes. He looked away quickly as if just looking at me made him want to give up. "When you and my mother went shopping, they took that chance to tell me everything. The lord's here. In the house. He talked to me, told me he wanted me to join his cause. Want's me to become a death eater. Then you..."

I tried not to freak out because that would hurt him even more. "oh..." Was all I managed to say. "Do you know why they want me? I mean I've done literally nothing all my life."

"Those people in there- They are your parents. It's not a joke or a trick. In the first battle, your parents worked in the background making plans and getting supplies so when every other death eater was captured, it was easy for them to lie and say they didn't have any connection to the Lord. Eventually, they faked their death, made it look like the Lord did it, and went into hiding. Your parents were really loyal to him and now that you and your parents have been reunited, he thinks you'll pick up their legacy." He sighed. "That's all I know. For now." 

"Then it's not your fault. I would've been reunited with them and the lord still would have wanted me anyway." I told him, connecting our hands. He stayed silent knowing I was right. 

"It doesn't change the fact that you're now in danger. And it doesn't change the fact that everything you've done in your life is about to be wiped." He said rubbing his thumb up and down mine. 

"What do you mean? I can just lie about it."

"NO YOU DON'T GET IT!" He snapped making me jump. "No, no, no. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to-"

"Draco. It's ok." I told him calming him back down. "What do you mean?"

His face was tear stained and he looked tired. "You won't be able to be friends with some of the people you've decided to be friends with." I cocked an eyebrow at him. "The Weasley Twins. Cho Chang. Don't talk about Cedric anymore. And never Harry Potter." 

I fell silent at the list. The twins hurt the most. They were in Gryffindor so I understood why but it was stupid. It all was. 

"You'll have to change how you are..." He sighed making me scoff. "Look, I don't want you too. Trust me. But you'll need to wear things you wouldn't typically, say things you wouldn't typically, hold yourself a certain way. It's going to suck. And I'm so sorry I dragged you into this."

"Draco, we're going to get through this. I promise."