Reflections

"Part of me knew I wasn't strong enough for this but I knew I had to pretend to be."

I ran up to my room and slammed the door behind me, shaking the frame of it. I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs. Shatter everything I could. Rip everything out of me. But I couldn't. So I settled with sliding my back down the wall until I hit the floor and let myself silently sob into my knees. 

It was awful. The look in the twin's eyes as they rushed to me. I had been partially responsible for destroying their home. Me. I did that. 

I had never suffered physical pain like this but if scars were memories then my tears would be my blood. And I would've bled out. Part of me wanted Draco to walk through the door that very instant but at the same time I didn't. 

Swarms of emotions hit me and I couldn't get the reflection of the burning burrow in the twin's eyes as they stared at me in horror. Why did I have to feel things this way? Why couldn't I be like Bellatrix or Lucius and be fine with stuff like this? Part of me knew I wasn't strong enough for this but I knew I had to pretend to be. 

A knock tapped on my door three times. I stood up quickly wiping my tears and looking in the mirror to make sure it looked like I hadn't been crying.

"Come in," I said.

"The Lord wishes to speak with you in the garden," Lucius told me before leaving once more. At any mention of him, my heart fell. This time was no different. I made sure I put on the best 'I'm fine, totally not breaking down' face on before I left. 

I made my way to the garden my nerves shot. "Ahh, the young Hartwood." I heard his voice say when I opened the back door. I saw Draco sitting down next to him which made me calm down much more. 

"Hello, My Lord," I said as I walked over to them. I sat down on an empty bench in front of Voldemort and Draco. 

"Let's have a chat, shall we?" He asks politely. We both nod our heads. "Wonderful!" He clasped his hands together. "First, how's the cabinet?"

"It's good, sir. We almost have it completely repaired. Just a few more test runs should do it." Draco spoke formally. I nodded in agreeance. 

"Perfect, perfect. Now, how about that old Headmaster?" His head turned to me as he spoke asking me to answer this question.

"We're working on a plan right now, sir. We had one failed attempt but I assure you there will be no more. We will succeed." I told him. I looked over to Draco who looked relieved that I didn't mess it up. 

"Oh, I know you will. Because of this." He walked over to me and drew up my left sleeve revealing the dark mark. "This is a promise to me. Don't break it. Or I kill you." 

"I understand my Lord." 

"I know you do. You both do."