Teacups

"I'm not so sure his father would be impressed if he brought home a girl that's hexed him, made fun of him, so on so on."

With every step I took, I felt weaker and weaker. No one I knew was here except Draco. It was a completely new situation. 

I had reached the large gate that had opened for me and the faces came into view. I already knew who they were but to see them this up close was nerve-wracking. Draco stood in front of his parents. His mom to the left and dad to the right. 

Draco advanced towards me in his typical black suit. He came up to me and looked at me with a smile before pulling me into a hug, setting his chin on my head. 

"You're going to do great." He said softly. I let my arms fall from around his neck as he let go of the hug. He moved beside me and grabbed my hand. 

He walked me up to where the two adults were standing. I raised my head and fixed my posture to make myself seems confident even though I was far from that. 

"Welcome, dear," Narcissa said kindly. Draco was right. She did seem a lot nicer. His father just glared at me with just a hint of a smile on his lips. "Please, come in." She said as she grabbed my hand away from Draco and pulled me into the house. She seemed excited. 

Draco met up next to his father and I could faintly hear them talking.

"Is this the girl?"

"Yes, father."

We walked through the large doors into the even larger house. There was open space everywhere and the house was lit with candles. Their warm glow cast upon everything in every room we passed. 

Finally, we made it to a large room with a fireplace and a few tables and chairs, and a couch. 

"Please sit," She pointed to one of the darker lounge chairs that surround the fireplace. I took a seat and let myself sink into its comfort. She took a seat in the one across from mine leaving just the couch empty. I assumed that Lucius and Draco would sit there. 

Not too long after we both got settled, Draco and his father walked in. Just as I thought, they took a seat on the couch. 

"Tell us about yourself, dear," Narcissa said as she poured some tea into a cup and passed it to me. 

"Thank you," I said grabbing to warm cup. "Well, I grew up in a small town in London with my aunt, Iris."

"Why your aunt?" Lucius finally spoke. His voice sent chills through me. He spoke with power and he knew it. 

"My parents are dead, sir. All I know is that they were great students in Slytherin and died of unknown causes." I said without stuttering. I don't know how I was managing to do this given the amount of stress I was under. 

"Ahh," He said without a bit of remorse. I didn't expect it but I continued. 

"I am on the Slytherin Quidditch team and play seeker with Draco."

"Ah, yes. He told me that's how you two met." Lucius said blandly. He seemed interested in the conversation but also seemed like he wanted to leave. 

Even though that's not exactly how we met I understood why that's what he told them. I'm not so sure his father would be impressed if he brought home a girl that's hexed him, made fun of him, so on so on. I mean, granted he did do the same thing to me. 

"Yes sir." I lied as well. 

"Interesting. Continue." He said once more.

I searched my brain trying to find another interesting thing about me to impress them. There weren't many. "I love to read-"

"So you're doing well academically?" Lucius interrupted. 

"Yes sir," I said politely. 

"Very well."

"How long have you and Draco been together for?" Narcissa butted in, thankfully. 

"About three and a half months," I said having to go back and count how many it had been. We were halfway through summer and had already been dating for a month before school got out. 

A smile spread across Narcissa's lips. "That's great, dear."

"Tell us about this Aunt of yours," Lucius asked. I cleared my throat after taking a sip of the warm tea. 

"Her name is Iris. I don't know much except that she's my mother's younger sister. She took care of me all the way up until I was 13. Once I got the letter I rarely heard from her. Still haven't since the third year." I notified him.

"Well then who do you stay with?" Lucius asked although I thought he knew that answer since a carriage arrived at Amos' house. 

"Amos Diggory, sir."

"Why him?" The questions were so simple and spoken so blandly it made it almost infuriating. 

"In my first year being at Hogwarts, I meant a boy named Cedric Diggory. We became close and he protected me with everything he could. But of course, you must have heard about the incident with Vo- He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named."

Lucius nodded his head. "Yes. The poor boy." 

"It's ok dear. You can say the Lord's name here." The Lord? 

I looked over at Draco who was staring into the fire. He hadn't said a word the entire time. 

"Narcissa my dear, mind telling Miss Y/N the agenda for today?" Lucius said and my curiosity peaked.

"Oh, yes. Here in a few minutes, I'm going to take you shopping-"

"Oh, no you don't have to do tha-"

"Ah ah ah. I'm not finished. I'm going to take you shopping for a while and get to know you in the process. We will then come back here and let you and Draco go on a walk in the garden and leave you two alone. After that, we will see what time it is and what we've got time to do next." Despite how her husband acted, she was really sweet and it was hard to believe that's the man she got married too. 

I nodded my head and set down the empty teacup I had in my hands. "Alright, dear. Follow me." I smiled and got up from the chair, letting my dress smooth out. I walked around the back of the couch and placed my hand on Draco's shoulder. 

"I'll be back," I said to him.

"Mhm." He said cooley.