Aunt Iris Is Back

"He said our names through gritted teeth."

We arrived at the Manor once again. It was typically dark and gloomy here but now it was worse than that. It was like dementors came and sucked the happiness out of everything and everyone here. 

As soon as we arrived Bellatrix rushed us upstairs as soon as she could. We didn't know why but we went with it like he had learned to do. 

"Oh, Bellatrix! Welcome." Voldemorts' voice rang from inside the main room. Anytime I heard his voice, my heart dropped. "And of course Draco and Y/N." He said our names through gritted teeth like he was upset with us. I didn't blame him. Well, I did but I understood why he was. We didn't kill Dumbledore. Snape did. I scanned the room for him but he wasn't here for some reason. "Please. Please, sit." He gestured for us to take a seat and we did so.

Draco and I sat next to each other. On my left was a guy I had never seen before and on Draco's right was his father. Then something caught my eye. To my left was someone floating in the air, struggling to breathe. 

My eyes had the urge to well up the second I figured out who it was. My aunt... I looked away as soon as possible and I knew Draco knew something was wrong. He gave me the look and I just told him I'd tell him later. 

We all sat in silence waiting for one more empty chair to be filled. Every now and again my eyes would travel back to the woman hoping it wasn't actually her. 

"Severus." Voldemorts' voice broke through the quiet chatter making the room fall into silence. "I was beginning to worry you had lost your way. Come, we've saved you a seat." The professor took a seat without hesitation but he seemed to be on edge. We all were. "You bring news, I trust?"

"It will happen Saturday next at nightfall." I didn't know what he was talking about since we had been gone for months now.

A man by the name of Yaxley spoke up. "I've heard differently, my lord." His voice was tired and strained. "Dawlish, the Auror, let has let slip, that the Potter boy will not be moved until the 30th of the next month. The day before he turns seventeen." I could've guessed this meeting was about Harry. First, we kill Dumbledore, next Harry. But I didn't want to be a part of this anymore. No matter how much Harry had gotten on my nerves we still had good moments together. Like detention with Umbridge. He didn't deserve to die and neither did Dumbledore. But I could never tell them that. 

"This is a false trail." Snape talked louder than the man. "The Auror office no longer plays any part in the protection of Harry Potter. Those closest to him believe we have infiltrated the ministry."

"Well, they got that right, haven't they?" A man wheezes out a laugh next to me. Everyone starts laughing along with him as well except for me, Draco, and a few other people. I zoned out, no longer paying attention to the meeting. My brain filled with questions and worry. The biggest one is why the bloody hell my aunt was floating, suffocating, on the other side of the table. 

They wouldn't kill her, would they? I know we hadn't talked... and she hadn't responded to my letters. Stopped letting me visit on holidays or summer. I hadn't seen her for four years. But she was still my family, I think. 

My thoughts drifted from one subject to the next, blocking out the world around me. Letting things fade. 

"To those of you who do not know, we are joined tonight by Miss Iris Sternbury." The name struck me out of the trance. It was her. "Who is very lucky to be Miss. Hartwoods aunt." Red washed over my face as I pointed my head to the ground. "Her specialty, as a muggle, was a professor at a school for muggles in London." Everyone laughed at her and I felt Draco's hand creep up on my knee as he let it rest there. "She believed that she was equal to her sister Darla even though Darla is a Witch." A smile spread over my mother's face who sat a couple of seats down on the opposite side of the table. She was just going to let him talk about her like that? "She would, given her way... have us mate with them." He spat. The room started to make fake gagging sounds and filled with laughter. "To her, the mixture of magical and muggle blood is not an abomination but something to be encouraged." He sat down at the head of the table.

She floated close to where I was gasping for air. "Y-Y-Y/N... Y/N please." I looked away from her holding the tears in my eyes. Her pleads tore at me piece by piece. "We're family." She pleaded. Her gasps got louder as she struggled for air. 

"Avada Kedavra!" The words tore through the air like knives, making me flinch as her body came tumbling down onto the table not too far from me. The room fell into silence and Draco moved his hand from my knee into my hand, squeezing it as hard as he could. 

She laid there, tears still stained her face as the familiar eyes stained into my brain. They looked like Cedric's had when his life was taken by the same man not but two years prior. My hatred for him had grown. 

"Nagini," He said as he pet the head of his snake letting her slide onto the long wooden table. "Dinner."

Yall were at 5,000 reads??? Thank you guys so much for the support. I love youuu.