Goat and Bouquet

The Yule Ball was in a couple of days and honestly, I was excited. I wasn't the 'dress up' type but this seemed fun. I don't know if it was getting back at Pansy and Draco or if I was just excited to be pretty for once.

A finger tapped on my table making me snap up sharply. "Pay attention, Hartwood." Professor Trelawney reminded me. She turned to leave but something seemed to catch her eyes. "Oh, my," She exclaimed as her shaky hands reached for the cup that belonged to me. All the chatter stopped in class, even Draco and his bitches. I looked at Tracey and Theo who were at my table for help but they both shook their heads.

"Interesting, Miss. Hartwood." She gave me a weird look as she set the mug down back on the table before she started walking away.

"What? You're not going to tell me?" I stopped her as she looked me dead in the eye before she picked the mug up again.

"I see... a goat and a bouquet." She started quietly but the whole class could hear. "Goat represents an enemy and bouquet represents a happy love." I raised my eyebrow at the nonsense. Divination was the least magical part of magic. It was all based on guesses.

"So that means she's going to be in a happy love with an enemy?" A Gryffindor spoke up from the back of the room.

"Precisely." The professor said hesitantly as she set the cup back down once again and continued with her lesson. I rolled my eyes and slumped back in my chair. Theo and Tracey both gave each other a glance.

"What?" I questioned the two of them making them smile a little.

"Nothing." They said at the same time. I pushed it off and started to focus a little more on the lesson. Enemy but a happy love. Now how does that make any sense?

------

"Come on," Tracey whined as we walked to lunch. "You do know what this means don't you?"

"Tracey come on. Divination is a bunch of crap. Even if, she could've read something wrong." I rolled my eyes. She hasn't shut up about Trelawney's prediction. 

"I think you just don't want to accept the fact that-"

"Oh, look! We're at the great hall. And just in time for lunch." I say sarcastically, cutting her off. 

We sat down and started eating our lunch. "So, the dimwit may find love after all." I hear a teasing voice slide beside me.

"It's a bit early for your harassment, isn't it Draco?" I snarked back at him. 

"Mmm maybe. Just wanted to get a little extra in today." He smirked as he got his plate and set it down too, his friends not far behind. They all crowded around us and I was close to just walking out and finishing my food in the library.

They all start cackling about what happened in Divination and literally anything else they could laugh about. 

"Look, Draco, go bother some first years or something. I'm trying to have a nice meal." I said in between bites staring him down.

"You're just upset-"

"Shut up. I don't care." I rolled my eyes as I stood up and grabbed my food.

"Keep rolling your eyes, Hartwood!" He called after making his group laugh.

"Gladly." I said with my back turned before I flipped him off and walked out of the great hall. "gladly." I repeated to myself.

------

It was night time meaning time for my nightly sneak out. Technically I don't do it every night but I do it quite often.

I throw on a jacket over my pajamas and head out of the dorm. I walk quietly down the stairs so I don't draw any attention to myself.

I reach the exit to the common room and right as I reach for the door I hear someone click their tongue against the roof of their mouth.

"Merlin-" I gasp as I turn around to see who's standing there. "Damnit Malfoy, you almost gave me a heart attack." I whisper yell at him shoving his chest a little bit in frustration.

"Where are you going, Hartwood? It's past curfew." He says as he crosses his arms in front of him.

"Oh really?" I say sarcastically as I put my hand on my hips. "You gonna stop me?" I glared at him.

He eyed me up and down before turning around. "Nope." Well that certainly the answer I wasn't expecting.

"So you're just gonna let me sneak out?" I clarified completely baffled he wasn't starting something with me. "No 'dimwit' or 'I want to get you detention'?" 

"Nope." He said once again as he kept walking away. I turned back around a bit shocked at what just happened. I turned on my heel before opening the common room door and escaping down the large hallways, the scene replaying in my mind.

Why didn't he try and stop me?

I shook the thought away and focused at the task at hand. Going to look at the stars.