Good-Bye

"Well don't make it sound like one of us is going to die."

We all stood at the platform waiting to go home for summer break. I was excited to see Amos again since we didn't spend Christmas together. Theo and Tracey also stood beside me getting ready to go.

The crowd was silent after what had just happened. Voldemort was back. And so were his followers. They attacked some students at the school. The Golden Trio and some of their friends. For once in my life, I was scared for my safety here. 

I saw Draco around one of the stone walls waving me over. 

"Hey, I'll be right back." I tapped Tracey on the shoulder.

"Alright, be fast I think the trains almost here and we need to get a good seat." I nodded before walking off. 

I walked to where I just saw him. 

"Yeah?" I asked as I turned the corner. 

"Just wanted to say good-bye." He said.

"Well don't make it sound like one of us is going to die," I let out a laugh at the severity of his tone.

He just shrugged. He was wearing the typical black suit that he wore whenever he was going home. It shaped and highlighted his body perfectly. 

We heard a squeal come from the tracks meaning the train was here. "Look out for my letter. It will give you a date, a time, and some galleons." He said quickly as he started to walk off. "Bye, love."

I smiled at the word and turned to go in the opposite direction from him. I caught up with Theo and Tracey.

"Thank Merlin, Y/N. We thought you woulda missed the train." Theo joked. 

"Shove it." We walked aboard and found an empty compartment to sit in on the way home. 

The train ride was peaceful and quiet. I sat against the wall of the compartment with my feet on the seat. I was ready a book while Theo and Tracey held hands on the other side, talking. 

The train halted to a stop telling us that we had arrived. I packed up my books and threw my small bag over my shoulders. 

The three of us exchanged a look of sorrow. We were growing up and who knew what was going to happen next year. A new Defense Against the Dark Arts professor, probably. Some more pranks with the twins. More Quidditch games. More sneaking notes to Draco and sitting by the tree together. More Christmas's with Amos. 

"You guys ready?" Tracey asked and we responded with a nod. We got up and slid the compartment door back. 

"After you," Theo said letting Tracey go first.

"Oh, what a gentleman," I exclaimed teasingly as I passed him. He just chuckled as he slid the door shut again. 

We walked out onto the platform where I was immediately swarmed by fast-moving people and their parents. I scanned the room trying to find Amos. Instead, I found Draco's father standing and waiting for him. The sight of him sent chills down my spine. He even looked strict. 

"You alright, Y/N?" I heard Tracey ask coming up behind me. 

"Yeah." I shook it off and faced the two of them. "I'm going to miss you guys." I pulled them into a tight group hug. 

"We're going to miss you too."

"Y/N!" I heard my name being called. I turned around to see a waving Amos. I smiled at him.

"See you, next year guys," I said to them one last time before turning and running to Amos. 

He opened his arms letting me in for a hug. "Hey there, squirt." He said as kindly as ever. Finally a break from all the stress.