Lost.

"You are the only person that has ever given that to me."

I couldn't find him anywhere so I literally had to go to Snape and ask him. He told me he was working on the cabinet and from there I could figure it out.

I walked down the hallway until I came across the entrance that we used for DA. It was also where I came after the Cedric incident. I shook the thoughts and walked closer hoping it knew how desperately I needed to find him. Then the wall started to shift and I let out a large breath of relief. 

Once it was fully opened, I walked through. The door enclosed itself after me so no one else could come in. The room was different than I had ever seen it before. It was crowded with tons of old items stacked to the ceiling. I took it all in as I walked through the thin pathways between the stacks.

Then I heard a door shut in front of me. I followed the sound until I came up behind him. 

"Fancy seeing you here," I said making him jump a little bit and grab his wand. He pointed it at me but put it down once he realized it was me. 

"What are you doing here?" He asked as I walked closer to him and the cabinet. 

"I mean, I could ask you the same thing," I responded glaring at the embellished cabinet. "How long have you been repairing it behind my back?" I asked without much emotion. 

"Two months." He said quickly. 

I leaned onto the cabinet and faced him. "Why don't you want me helping you?" It was obvious now that he was doing everything he could to stop me. 

He stood there glaring at me and I happily glared back, refusing to look away until I got a response. He eventually cracked.

"I don't want you getting hurt. This was supposed to be my responsibility, not yours." 

"You still think it's your fault??" I asked completely shocked. "I thought we've been over this. I was going to be turned into one of these demons anyway. You're not the problem, my parents are." I reminded him. 

"No. No. No." He shook his head like words needed to escape from him. Like he's been holding something in all his life. "No, maybe I am the problem. Maybe I am the one to blame. But even when I turn it off and blame myself, the outcome feels the same. I used to have a lot of luck but now it's all washed down the drain. I don't know what I'd do if something happened to you. So I'm doing this to protect you." 

"Draco-" I start to protest.

"No. I'm not done. Have you ever been sitting with our friend group and you get this awful feeling in the pit of your stomach that it wouldn't make a difference if you were there or not?" I watched him pace around the area but didn't dare disturb him. "I watched all my friends leave my life and the worst part is that I felt like I deserved it. And my life? My life has just been one constant battle between wanting to be alone but not wanting to be lonely. You are the only person that has ever given that to me." Tears threatened to leave my eyes but I held them in and watched in silence. "And that is why I don't want you doing this. Because I'd be lost." 

He stopped walking in circles and looked at me. The first time I'd looked in his eyes since I got here. That was the breaking point. It was that he was breaking.

"Draco how much sleep have you gotten?" I asked hoping for an answer but at the same time didn't know if I wanted it or not. His eyes had become dark and heavy. He looked sick. 

"It's hard to sleep when you can't stop thinking."