Cursed

"Harry accused you two of cursing Katie Bell."

"Y/N?" I heard two voices say from behind me. I froze in my tracks. 

"Hey," I drew out the 'y' trying not to be suspicious. 

Tracey furrowed her eyebrows. "I thought you said you couldn't go to Hogsmeade this week. You were busy with your homework?" Slight disappointed filled her voice making knifes hit my heart. 

"I was actually going to find you guys but I- I couldn't so I was going to go... back." I lied hoping they would either go with it or believe me. 

Tracey just shook her head. "Y/N, you don't have to lie to us. We're not your parents." She grabbed Theo's arms and started to walk past me. "I'll talk to you later." She said before continuing to walk off. 

I've fucked up. I've really fucked up. The one thing I needed to stay the same was the two of them. I wanted to scream and pull out my hair but I kept it together and just let tears form in my eyes and fall down onto the white snow. I brought my head back up and pulled myself together.

I turned to where Theo and Tracey had walked off to the castle and started walking as well. 

I finally got out of the cold and into the castle. My nose had started to warm up but it was tingly. 

After a while of walking, something took the breath out of me. Someone had dragged the back of my shirt around a corner. It was Theo and Tracey. 

"Blimey, Y/N!" Theo said as he let go of me and pushed me making me stumble a little. 

"What the hell?" I asked a bit sharply. I felt bad immediately. 

Tracey shooshed me and told me to let her talk. I shut up and listen. "We were walking by one of the offices when we heard people talking. We were just going to walk past but we heard Draco's name. And yours..." I looked up at her trying to hide the fear hiding. "Harry accused you two of cursing Katie Bell." She said. 

"What??" My shock was real. I didn't know who was going to be giving Dumbledore the package and even then no one was supposed to touch it except for him. 

"I know it's insane," Theo said. "Why would he think that?" They both looked stumped and my heart ached again. I hated lying to them but there was no way they were ever going to find out about the Dark Mark. 

"I don't know..." I tried as hard as I could to sound upset at the accusation but I knew I needed to find Draco and tell him. Quickly. "Well, with that I guess I should get going. I don't want to be suspicious anymore." I tell them. They understood this time. 

I walked off down one of the hallways trying to find where Draco might be. I skidded to a stop before turning around and bolting back the way I came. 

The tree.

----

I saw a figure leaning against the tree. I was right. A smile crept onto my face as I sped down the snowy hill to meet up with him. His detention was over so it was no doubt he'd come here after that. 

I saw his head look up at me as I came into view. He stood up so quickly he almost fell right back down. 

"How'd it go?" He asked. He had to have been panicking this entire time. 

"Well..." I said looking down at my feet. 

His eyes shifted into fear and I could tell he was thinking the worst. "Don't say it like that." He snapped. 

"It was going well until-"

"Until?!" 

"Yes, until! Now shut your bloody hole and let me speak." I took a breath before looking him dead in his eyes. "I put Madam Rosmerta under the imperious curse and I left before I could see who she gave it to. Apparently, it was Katie Bell. She touched it. Now she's cursed."

He turned his back away from me and ran a hand through his already messed up hair. "How'd you find this out if you weren't there." He was hoping I was lying.

"Theo and Tracey heard Harry talking to some people."

"Potter?"

"Yeah... he's accused us," I said quietly but I knew he heard it. He then turned back to me and quickly walked over.

He grabbed my face harshly and pressed our lips together roughly. His grip never loosened from where they were. Slowly he pulled away and let his cold hands relax. 

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."