The Letter

"Also, the mail came. It seems you have a letter."

I sat on my bed in Cedric's old jersey. Amos and I haven't done much this summer but that was fine with me. 

With every passing day, however, a heavier weight was bounding on me. Every day that I didn't get the letter was a day closer to getting it. I wish I could take it all back. I wish I never wrote back on that tree. If I hadn't I wouldn't be having to meet the most socially elite wizarding family. 

But I kept reminding myself what Cedric had told me. 

'And lastly, listen to your gut. I promise it is always right no matter what. That feeling, and you'll know when you feel it, it's like a pull. Don't pull away. Go to it no matter what it is. You won't regret it.'

"Y/N, it's dinner time!" I got up excitedly and set my feet on the floor and stood up. "Also, the mail came. It seems you have a letter." My entire body stopped. No more movement. My breath was now shaking but I remembered that I still had to go downstairs. I couldn't run anymore.

I took my time walking down the cold stairs before I reached the first floor. "There you are," He said kindly as he walked over to me. "I don't know what this is about..." I hadn't told Amos about Draco or any of it and now I'd have to explain it to him. 

I took the neat letter from his dry hand. The letter had a bit of weight to it and I scanned the letter carefully. It said my name and said it was from Malfoy Manor. They don't even have a house. They have a manor. The pressure was building and I felt as if I was going to collapse on the floor and never get up. 

"Well, come on! Sit down and open it. Your dinner is going to get cold." He gestured me over to the dining room table and I sat down slowly. I flipped the letter to the back and lifted the silver wax stamp from it. The letter popped open scaring me. "You alright, Squirt?" As if my body took over, I shook my head. 

"Amos I need to tell you something." I sighed as I set the letter carefully down next to my plate. He raised a kind eyebrow edging me to go on. "I don't know how it happened, really..." I started. "But somehow I fell for Draco. And somehow he fell for me. It doesn't make sense at all considering how awful we were to each other but it did." I hesitantly looked back at Amos expecting to see a look of disappointment. But it wasn't. 

"Do you love him?" He asked kindly, leaning into his seat. 

"Well, I don't know. Love's a strong word..." I trailed off but I meant it. From what people have told me about love, I'll know when I've found it. And maybe I have with Draco but it's to soon to tell. 

"I don't know what your waiting for. Open it!" He seemed more eager than I did. With Amos being as supportive as he was, I opened it. 

It was a long letter with fancy lettering and calligraphy. I scanned through the letter looking for important details.

July 07, 1996 
The Malfoy Manor
Arrive at noon for lunch and tea

Remember what I told you to wear. A dress, perhaps? Grey, Green, or Black. I've said it once and I'll say it a thousand times more, my father is a proper man with high expectations. I won't have to remind you to use manors and good posture. I don't know how this is going to go but please don't stress about it. I know you and you've probably paced your room six times awaiting this letter. I'll be right beside you the whole time. Inside of the letter are some galleons, by yourself something nice.

                                             Love, Draco

I recited it to Amos who was already marking his calendar. 

"That's in three days." He said and I couldn't tell if it was fear or excitement inside of him. "A fair warning, dear, I don't want to worry you but the Malfoy's are very peculiar. The whole Black and Malfoy lineage are some of the scariest people to come across. Lucky for you, you already have the respect of the boy so it should be easy." He said with another kind smile. 

"I hope," I mumbled under my breath. 

"Now, finish what you want of your dinner and get some rest. Tomorrow we will go out and get you a dress for the arrival." I smiled once again at this support. He made it sound so easy.