Special Chapter - The Loyal Bishop

"Pierre, I want you to meet the Queen of the Red Faction. Ereshkigal Levitsky."

Nakatitig lang ako sa batang nasa harapan ko at hindi ko na yata maiaalis pa ang tingin ko sa kanya. Sa palagay ko ay magkasing-edad lang kami. Or am I a year older than her?

She's so pretty though. Sobrang ganda nya na pakiramdam ko ay hindi tao ang kaharap ko ngayon kaya hindi ko talaga maiwasan ang pagtitig sa kanya. Bahagya pa ngang nakanganga ang bibig ko habang nakatitig sa kanya. My stupid young self was even kinda expecting her to do some magic tricks. O kahit ano pang magpapatunay na hindi sya tao.

She's not a human, is she? No human will ever look this beautiful kahit bata pa lang! Only fairies! Or a goddess! Or a princess!

Ah... I remember what my father just said. That she's a Queen.

Maybe she's a Queen of those pretty goddesses.

"Pierre, did you hear me?!"

I jolted when my father raised his voice to get my attention. Napatingala ako sa kanya. He was looking down at me and I saw anger in his eyes mixed with embarrassment. He was ashamed that I'm acting this way in front of the former King of the Red Faction.

I just couldn't help it! The kid was just so beautiful. Ang bata-bata pa pero sobrang ganda na. Nahihirapan akong alisin ang tingin ko sa kanya.

She's tall for her age. Hindi ko malaman ang eksaktong edad nya but I'm sure that she's younger than me. Masyadong inosente ang mukha nya. It's so obvious with her amber eyes that she's feeling uncomfortable. Hindi sya sanay na may ibang tao sa paligid nya.

The kid has a pefect nose and a pinkish lip. But I love her long blonde wavy hair the most. Mas lalo syang nagiging mukhang dyosa dahil doon. Plus the pink ruffled dress that she's wearing na umaabot hanggang sa tuhod nya ang haba ng palda.

My Dad brought me here in the Levitsky's mansion to meet the Queen that I will serve. He's been training me for this. He mentioned that I need to continue the game that they've started. That I need to defeat the enemy called the EL Ordre and checkmate their King.

I was against of it. Pakiramdam ko ay ninakaw sa akin ang kalayaan ko. Kids my age were playing with one another, buying toys and laughing like there's no tomorrow. Sinusulit ang pagkabata nila.

But instead of toys, I was given a gun. Instead of laughter, sounds of gunshots were all I could hear.

But now, looking at this Queen in front of me, I suddenly have the urge that I really need to protect her.

And I decided to do it. I will protect this Queen with all my life.

"Do you think we could win the game?"

I glanced at her. We were in the field of lilies, lying with our backs as we watch the afternoon sky while feeling the gentle breeze of the wind. It feels so peaceful and comfortable. Especially that she's beside me.

"We can." Sabi ko habang pinapanood ang paglipad ng mga ibon. "I know you can defeat them, Your Majesty."

"But we don't have a King, though. Doon pa lang, talo na tayo."

I sighed. Itinagilid ko ang ulo ko para tignan sya. I held my breath as I stare at her side profile. She's so beautiful. Dinig na dinig ko ang lakas ng tibok ng puso ko habang nakatitig sa kanya.

Nakasabog ang buhok nya habang nakahiga. She was looking up in the sky. I could hear the birds chirping as the passed by pero ang mga mata ko ay nanatiling nakatingin sa babaeng nasa tabi ko. Fuck... I really couldn't take my eyes off her. At hindi ako magrereklamo dahil doon.