Chapter 80

The grand ballroom of this hotel where the party held was packed with VIP guests and visitors that were dress in an expensive clothes.  They were complimenting each other and it was obvious that the smile on their faces were all fake.

The room was so bright because of the chandelier and lights from above. Soft music from the violin and piano can be heard at the entire room. Waiters and waitresses were serving wines and finger foods for the guests.

I looked at my father who was laughing with his acquaintances for awhile now. We had been standing here for a minute now and he hasn't even take a glance at me, even for once, ever since we set foot inside this hotel.

He's angry. I can feel it. He's angry at me.

It was always his acquaintances who will bring me up to their conversation. Kapag napapatingin sila sa akin ay agad silang napapangiti.

"Is that your daughter?" a woman asked my father while looking at me. "She looked so cute dressed like a little boy!"

"But she's so pretty that nobody would ever mistaken her for a boy." said a man and they all laughed with his remarks.

My father just made a small smile and sipped on his wine without saying anything. Halos lumubog na ako sa tabi nya. I know that he did that to hide his anger. Matalim ang tingin ng mga mata nya habang umiinom sa kopitang hawak nya. But when he put down his glass, he had a wide smile on his face.

"See that little girl in a pink dress who looked like a princess?" he asked and pointed at someone across that room. "She's my daughter."

We all looked at where he's pointing at and I just hoped that I never did. 'Cause my young heart got broken when I saw that little girl he's talking about.

It was Ishtar.

She was wearing a pink dress with a ballon tulle skirt. She looked so cute with a little tiara on her head that made her looked like a princess.

I glanced at my father who looked so proud at Ishtar as the EL Ordre's former King introduced her to his friends. Samantalang ako, hindi man lang nya matapunan ng tingin kahit isang segundo lang. Like he was disgusted by the sight of me.

No matter what I do, he will never be proud of me. No matter what I do, he will never look at me like how he looks at Ishtar.

I decided to go to the garden of the hotel when I feel like I wouldn't be able to stop my tears. I sat down on one of the benches there and started crying silently.

I just can't understand. I am the legal child yet why can't he accept me? Is it because I was born as a woman? That's why I tried so hard to look like a boy tonight!

Ishtar is a product of his revenge. The proof of his revenge for the EL Ordre so maybe that's why he's really proud of her.

His own creation.

And me? I am the proof of his failed plan. Everytime he'll look at me, he'll always remember the humility as he couldn't have an heir for his position as the King of the Red Faction.

"There are a lot of pretty chicks inside, yet why does a handsome lad is here and crying alone?"

I looked at that voice who disturbed me from crying and I saw a young boy, just around my age who's looking at me. His hands were inside the pockets of his pants and even for a child, his stance tells me that he is no ordinary kid.

I sniffed and looked away at him. I don't want him to see my crying face. I don't want him to think that I'm weak.

"You don't know how to whoo chicks?" he asked when I didn't say anything. "I can teach you."