Chapter 75

Happiest birthday to Allyssa Marie Pandiño Romero! Enjoy your day!

----

I underestimated him. I thought that because he is young, I could wrapped him around my fingers and made him follow all my orders. 'Cause that's what youngsters are. They tend to believe everything that the older people are telling them.

I was planning on using him against the EL Ordre so I could win this game. He was supposed to be my weapon and shield against them. That was what my plan should be.

But then I forgot something. The most critical information that I overlooked.

I forgot that a younger person can be the strongest once they've developed their mind. And those ideas that the older people feed in them will be their weapon against everything.

Just like me. Fuck... I was the best example and yet, I forgot.

I used the hurtful words from my father as my foundation to win this game. To not be weak. To not let anyone look down on me. To prove myself to everyone.

King Lancer is stronger now than his young self. And he's using the ideas we shove in his mind as his strength.

Young people can be the strongest.

It was a good thing that he let us go without me kneeling down in front of him. He just warned us that we will be under his watch.

Enkidu, Alter and I were in the greenhouse, the only place in this hideout where there are no hidden cameras and microphone transmitters that's why we can talk freely in here. I was standing in front of Alter who's sitting on the bench. Nakayuko sya habang pinaglalaruan ang mga daliri nya sa kamay. Sa isang banda naman ay nandoon si Nergal and Enkidu is petting him.

"What the hell are you doing here, Alter?" I asked. My hands were on my waist. "This isn't your hideout where you could go in and out since the moment you betrayed me!"

Hindi sya nagsalita at nanatiling nakayuko lang, still playing with her fingers. It actually pissed me off 'cause it feels like she wasn't listening to what I'm saying.

"Pinahamak mo lang ang sarili mo!" inis kong sabi. "Are you being suicidal because of what happened to your man?!"

That's when she finally looked up at me. Her eyes were telling me that she's guilty for what she did but not feeling sorry anyway.

"He said that he was gonna to kill you!" she spat. "Can you blame me if I just wanted to save you?!"

I stilled and just remained staring at her. I didn't expect it to be her reason to go here which she knew that it can be dangerous for her just to save me.

Fuck... She's still the same Codee from before.

"You fell for a stupid trap just like that?" I asked. Trying to ignore the emotion of happiness because of her reason.

I thought... that she stopped caring for me ever since the day when she betrayed me.

Alter was frowning. She's obviously didn't please because of my question. At anong inaakala nya? Na pupurihin ko sya? She's now in danger because of this! She even told me na hindi alam ito ng EL Ordre! Na tumakas lang sya!