Chapter 25

"What happened?!"

Ishtar welcomed us with that question using her exaggerated tone when we came back to the hideout. She went near Aius and L who were carrying Tracer on their shoulders and I heard her loud gasp when she saw the blood on his shirt.

"He got shot." Aius answered in a restrained voice. "Kaya mong alisin ang bala sa katawan nya, diba?"

"Yes, yes. I can." she answered, trying not to panic. "Viper! Hoax! I need you here!"

Her Bishop and the man with a scar on his face went near her. They took the unconscious Tracer from Aius and L and Ishtar instructed them to take him to the room at the basement. She has her own clinic in this hideout, apparently.

I just raised an eyebrow and walked passed by them. I sat on the sofa and watched them panic over Tracer who looked white as a paper. I rolled my eyes. I know that the bullet didn't hit any vital organs. King Lancer hate him so much to kill him that easily. I know that he will torture his brother first before finally killing him.

Wow... Yucca and Enkidu did their job so well. Even without me, they successfully brainwashed him and killed the Rook in him.

Well, I don't care about the Rooks' brotherly issue. All I want is to kill the EL Ordre's King and kill the gamemasters afterwards.

Now that I've showed them my surprise, I think I should start planning on how to kill Aius. It'll be easier since he's near with me.

Keep your friends close, and enemies closer.

Aius sat across me. He leaned his elbows on his knees and buried his face on his hands. He looked really, really problematic compared to how he was earlier while fighting Yucca. I bit my lower lip to suppress my giggles.

Ah... I love how all of them got affected emotionally and psychologically.

"Naiintindihan ko na." Archer broke the silence. "You keep on telling us that our Rook is dead. Now I understand what you meant."

I just smiled at him and leaned my back on the sofa. I stared at all of them. Archer looked really shock and was in deep thought. The man with amber eyes surprisingly isn't puffing his vape and was just sitting on the sofa trying to understand what's happening. L was standing beside Alter with his arms encircled around her waist. The man with mismatched eye color was sitting silently on the corner. And Loki was standing beside Aius while looking down at me. He looked so serious and based of the movement of his jaw while he's gritting his teeth, I knew that he's angry.

I just raised my chin and smirked at him. Aren't you proud of me, Your Majesty?

"You killed the Rook within him." Loki said, spitting every words like an acid in his mouth. "You killed Gray and made him a different person. He's not Gray anymore."

"You were talking figuratively when you said that he's dead." Archer said. "Pinatay mo ang pagiging Rook nya sa EL Ordre. Pinatay mo ang pagiging Grayson James Sanford nya. You killed his former self and made him into someone different."

I smiled sweetly at them. "Bingo."

Finally, I won't have to answer their questions again and again. Hindi ko na sasabihin ng paulit-ulit na patay ang Rook nila. They understood everything now.

Took them so long though. It only proves how stupid they are.

"Is that even possible?" Archer asked and I rolled my eyes. He's a lawyer, right? But why can't he use his fucking common sense and try to understand everything?

"Ano na naman?" nababagot kong tanong.

"I mean, Shielder is our Rook. He's the EL Ordre's Rook. But how did he became the Red Faction's King? And why did he changed so much?"