Chapter 31

I opened my eyes the next morning and grimaced when I felt the pain on my face. It fucking hurts that I can't even move a muscle without hurting. And I could tell that my face was swollen with bruises even if I don't look in the mirror.

I groaned. It seems like I had to deal with this pain for awhile. I just hope that it wouldn't leave a scar on my beautiful face. My father will get mad if that happens. 'Cause according to him, I wouldn't be beautiful if I ever have a small flaw on my skin. I will be useless by then.

A chuckle had escaped from my throat. Wow. He's dead and yet I still remember him with every little thing I do. When will he ever leave me alone and just let me do things in my way?

Even when he's gone. I am still living with his memories. And I think the only way that I could be free is to win this game.

I frowned when I finally noticed a presence inside my room. I looked around and found the man with sea-green eyes that's sitting on the sofa inside my room. He looked so comfortable as he watched me that I bet he's been doing ever since he entered my room this morning.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. My voice sounds so hoarse. I rubbed the sleep off my face.

Loki remained silent but he stood up and walked towards me. He sat on the bed and stared at me deeply.

"You said that you would treat your wounds." he said as he used the back of his hand to caress my cheeks. His hand felt so rough against my skin.

I tried to look away and slapped his hand off my face. I felt so uncomfortable with his gentleness. It was so early in the morning but he's already here inside my room doing surprising things that's making me confused about his intentions.

"I never said anything like that." I said as I tried to got up and sat on the bed. My back was resting on the headboard. Loki was silently watching me the whole time. "Leave it. It will heal anyway."

"We must treat so it would heal faster and avoid infections." he said. We? Wow... So he's involving himself now?

"Don't bother yourself. It will heal even without treatments."

"It'll prolong your pain."

"That's not something new. I'm used to pain anyway." I said. Loki didn't say anything but when he did, it surprised me.

"Are we still talking about your wounds on your face?"

God damn it. Inaantok pa yata ako that's why those words slipped so easily from my mouth!

I just raised an eyebrow and lifted my chin to intimidate him. I wonder how do I look though. With my face swollen and me acting like this, I bet I looked like shit.

Fuck... That's why I don't always engaged myself in a close combat fights. There's always my pieces and Enkidu to do things for me.

"Let me treat your wounds." he said and took the first aid kit that I left on my bedside table. Instead of arguing with him, I let him do what he wanted. Baka may masabi na naman akong kung ano.

He used a cotton buds and put an antiseptic there. He held my chin in a gentle way and started treating my wounds.

His face was so close that I could smell and feel his breath against my skin. I caught the scent of his cologne. He just smells so good so early in the morning. I wonder how do I smell. I just woke up, fuck!

Wait. When did I ever start to be concious around him? I know that I'm beautiful even with a woke-up-like-this face anyway.

Loki's face looked so serious as he applied the antiseptic on my face. He did it so gently that I couldn't really feel the touch of the cotton buds on my face.