Chapter 39

Artemis spend two days at the hideout and that whole time, I was just inside my room. I don't want to go out thinking that she might ask for my help again about baking or worse, doing the laundry.

Loki said that Artemis wanted to go inside my room and talk to me again. I'm aware of that since she has been knocking on my room's door from time to time, calling my name but I ignored her. I told Loki as well not to let her in.

That one time is enough. I would never let anyone speak or treat me in that way again. They might think that I am soft. They might think that I am weak. So no. It won't happen again.

Proof is that Artemis seems to think that we are now close with just that one hour encounter of us. She never gave up having the chance of talking with me again. Good thing that she needs to go home tonight because of her twins.

Just what the fuck. That one hour encounter is enough for her to be clingy.

"She left."

I can't help but to heave a sigh of relief when Loki announced that as he entered my room. He closed the door behind him and sat on the sofa across mine.

"She looked dejected when she found out that you have no plans on saying goodbye."

I raised an eyebrow at him. "Why would I? Goodbyes are for those people who have memories together. She's not even my friend."

"Goodbyes are not only for friends." Loki countered. "And you've created memories with her, as far as I know, with that baking lesson."

"That's not counted." I just said and I heard him chuckled.

I rolled my eyes and leaned my back on the sofa. There's Loki too who has been hanging out inside my room lately. I thought that it's because of Artemis but I never see any reason for him to stay inside my room just because of her. Also now that she's gone, he's here inside my room again looking like he will not leave anytime soon.

Then there's the meal time. He's always eating with me since then. I didn't say anything though since I'm used with his presence anyway and he's not really bothering me.

"I didn't know that you have a talent in baking." he said after awhile.

Napatingin tuloy ako sa kanya.

"The muffins were good."

I stopped my lips from parting because of the shock that I felt. Ngayon nya lang nabanggit sa akin 'to so I never had any idea that he ate the muffins that I've made.

I expected that no one will eat it and it was thrown in the trash since I've made it. Especially I said that I've put a poison in it. But Loki's saying that my muffins were good just means that he actually ate it.

"It's not perfect but it's good. And I'm sure that you can still improve your baking skills."

"There will be no next time." I said, recovering from my shock.

Loki just shrugged his shoulders. "That's sad to hear. I want to watch you baking this time."

He leaned on the coffee table between us and reached for my hair. He stared at me using his brooding eyes and I didn't look away. I could see emotions in his eyes as he smiled at me.

"You look cute with your hair in a bun." He said and played with the curls at the end of my hair. "But I like it better when it's loose."

I slowly took a deep breath to stop myself from getting affected with his words. 'Cause he just made me remember something from my childhood. Back when I was still trying to look like a man.