Chapter 42

I should focus on the game especially now that we're playing the endgame. I shouldn't let myself be distracted from anything. I should think of a plan on how to defeat the EL Ordre while waiting for King Lancer's move.

I have no way of knowing about what he's planning but I hope that he will move soon. I'm afraid that the longer I'll stay with Loki, the more distracted I will be. Loki was so dominant, even his presence, and it's almost impossible for me to ignore him.

That's the reason why I thought that he's the King of EL Ordre. Because of his authoritative aura. One look at him and one could say that he's powerful. I just didn't know that it was all because he's a damn royalty.

I went down that morning and I could already smell the food even if I haven't reached the last step of the stairs. I walked straight towards the kitchen and saw Loki cooking our breakfast.

What a nice view... But I have to keep in mind that I shouldn't get distracted. Fuck it!

Loki must've felt my presence. Lumingon kaagad sya sa akin bago pa ako makalapit sa kanya. He flashed me a heart warming smile that made me grit my teeth.

Fuck it. The game! I should focus on the game!

"Good morning..." he greeted me with those captivating smile of his. His eyes were twinkling like he's happy to see me here.

I folded my arms over my chest and leaned on the marbled space beside the cooktops to where he was cooking. He was frying a bacon strips and egg, to my delight 'cause it's a normal breakfast.

"I could still remember when you told me that you won't cook for me. What happened?." I asked.

He chuckled. "You still weren't my Queen back then. Pero ngayon... Pagsisilbihan na kita."

Fuck... There's his Tagalog again. I regret that I told him to speak in that language since his hotness was overflowing whenever he did that! And I just couldn't ignore it!

"Stop talking in Tagalog." I said.

He looked at me. "What?"

"Stop talking in Tagalog. I won't tell you anything about the antidote even when you do that 'cause there's no antidote to begin with."

He stared at me for a second before he flipped the bacon on the pan. Then he looked back at me again and smiled.

"Tatawag ako ng mag-aayos doon sa kwarto mo ng lahat ng pinamili mo. Para hindi ka na mahirapan."

I groaned. He just ignored what I've said about not talking in that language! And that was the first time that he spoke two sentences in straight Tagalog!

I think he has an idea on what he's doing to me. I don't know if I'm that obvious or he was just really good at reading people. And I'm afraid that he will use it against me.

Something is changing. And it is only now that I realized that it's me. I've changed. I let myself be affected by Loki. I let myself be distracted by him. When before, no one has ever oppose me. They all feared me.

Why did I let him change me?

I gritted my teeth. Enough. This should stop. The Red Faction's Queen is me. I am the Mad Queen. And no one could ever bring my destruction.

I raised an eyebrow at him and lifted my chin, my mannerism whenever I wanted to intimidate someone. Yes... This is how should be it.

"Tell me, Loki... What are you planning?"

Napansin ko ang pagkakatigil nya sa pagluluto bago lumingon sa akin. He turned off the stovetop and transfer the food on the plate. He placed it on the countertop table before he finally looked at me.