Chapter 49

I can't remember what happened after crying so hard on Loki's shoulder because of what he had said to me. His words comforted me but it made me feel sad at the same time. I am scared of what I've heard.

I never thought that I badly needed someone who will listen to me. I never thought that I would feel so calm while Loki was hugging me telling me that I can have my own safe place. I never thought that he could make me pour all my emotions like that onto him.

And it's true. I felt better than before now that I've told him about my past.

I found myself lying on the bed when I woke up. I was still inside the room of the second Von Amstel manor. But what made this morning different from yesterday is that I have someone beside me in this bed.

Loki was sleeping peacefully on the space next to mine. It surprised me when I finally realized our position. Nakaunan ako sa braso nya, his arms were wrapped around my back while the other was on my waist, hugging me closer to him. Our faces were only inches apart that his breath was fanning my face. And fuck... His breath smells so good.

I stared at his face. The first time I woke up and found him sleeping beside me already shocked the shit out of me, what more now that he's hugging me like he is protecting me against anything or anyone who will try to hurt me?

I must've fell asleep in his arms after crying so hard. Siguro ay napagod ang katawan ko at ang mga mata ko sa kaiiyak and Loki tucked me in the bed again. Thinking about what he did made my heart skipped a beat.

Dahan-dahan akong kumalas sa pagkakayakap nya. He looked so peaceful and I didn't want to disturb him from his sleep. I appreciate what he did, not letting go of me while I was pouring my emotions out so this is the least that I could do.

I got up and went inside the bathroom. I took a bath and stayed under the shower while watching the water drop from my hair. My long blonde hair that I truly despise.

It is a representation on how much I tried so hard to prove to my father that despite being a woman, I could still win the game. It is the representation of the first day I decided to let my hair grow. That day when father started to ruin everything in me.

They said that for a daughter, their father is the first man in their life, the first man they ever love, and the first man that would protect them. But that didn't happen to me. 'Cause my father was the first man who ruined me and broke me into pieces.

That's why I am so envious to Ishtar. She got my father's love. She got everything I longed for. And the EL Ordre's King took her, mas gumanda pa lalo ang buhay nya. 'Cause there were so many people who wanted to protect her.

While me, I have no one. I only have myself. So I did everything to become strong all alone. I did everything so nobody will ever look down on me. So everyone would fear me.

But above all of that, I know... I still wanted my father's approval. I still wanted to be accepted.

Stupid, huh?

I blow-dry my hair inside the bathroom. I have no idea how long I am here but I'm sure that Loki is now awake because of the noise that the blow dryer is making.

I walked out of the bathroom with my bathrobe on to get clothes in the walk-in closet. Nakita kong nakaupo na sa kama si Loki pero hindi ko sya nilingon. I saw in the corner of my eyes that he was just looking at me as I entered the inside the walk-in closet. It was so spacious with a lot of clothes and shoes that I'm sure will cost billions altogether.

But instead of getting dressed, I just stared at myself in the full-length mirror. Loki came in the view and leaned his body on the wall holding a phone on his ear while waiting for someone to answer his call. He was topless and was only wearing a boxer short. Magulo ang buhok nya but still, one couldn't deny that he's a royalty. A very attractive prince.