Chapter 74

I wasn't able to compose myself from the shock when King Lancer turned the doorknob and opened the door that made me feel so anxious. My heart hammered from my chest and it was starting to beat so fast.

Gamemaster? Did he really say the gamemaster? The one that I so wanted to kill?

But... how? I mean... How was he able to know the gamemaster? Back in our old hideout, it was forbidden to get near inside the gamemaster's room but now, he's telling me that he'll introduce me to him?

The door creaked open and King Lancer went inside before turning to me. He encouraged me to go inside but I couldn't find the strength to move my feet.

What the fuck... I've waited for this moment for so long. I wanted to meet the one behind this stupid human chess game and I don't really need this fucking feelings right now!

"My Queen?" King Lancer called my attention that I flinched as I remember someone who's calling me in that way as an endearment. And remembering him gives me strength that I was finally able to move my feet and went inside.

But I stopped after a few steps inside. I saw a very familiar face inside the room. She was facing the door so I was able to recognized her easily.

It was Yucca.

She was standing in front of the monitors with a view in every part of this hideout. I almost laughed thinking that she always watched my every move inside this room.

Her head turned when she heard the opening of the door. She was looking at King Lancer in a gentle way before her eyes turned at his back where I was. Napalitan ng pagkagulat ang reaksiyon sa mukha nya.

"King Lancer!" she exclaimed and pointed at me. "What is she doing here?! Get her out of—"

"Leave her be, Lyrae."

I heard another voice inside the room. It sounds so deep and harsh that the room vibrated with his words. His voice sounds so domineering that my body stiffened.

Fuck... Who the fucking hell?

That's when I only noticed the high back single sofa that was inside the room. Nakatalikod iyon sa akin kaya hindi ko makita kung sino ang nakaupo with its high backrest. But I saw his arms that was on the armrest.

"Come, my Queen." King Lancer urged me to went further inside.

Mas dumoble pa ang bilis ng tibok ng puso ko. But I gathered my courage and walked till we reached the middle. My eyes not leaving the back of the sofa and just keep staring on it.

The man behind the sofa let out a chuckle. I felt a goosebumps all over my body even with just a chuckle from him. I held my breath when the man stood up. He was wearing a three piece white suit and a white beaver hat is on his head. He was tall. His back was facing me but I could easily tell that he has a well-defined body.

He turned around and I let out a gasped when he finally faced my way. He was wearing a plain white mask that made him looked so creepy.

"This is the gamemaster, my Queen." I heard King Lancer said but my eyes remained on the man with a mask. "Sir, this is Ereshkigal Levitsky, the Queen of the Red Faction."

I don't know how but I could tell that the man smiled behind his mask. A smile that I bet I wouldn't wanted to see.

Fuck... Who the fuck is this man?

"It is nice to finally meet you, Queen Ereshkigal." he said and offered me his hand for a handshake. That's the only time I realized that he's also wearing a white gloves.

He was concealing his identity.

I took his hand and accepted his handshake. His grip on my hand was so firm and hard.