Chapter 51

I went out of the room after I was done taking a bath and eat breakfast. Loki was eating with me when a servant suddenly came inside the room and told him that he got a visitor. He left me for a while but he's taking a long time. I was done with my morning routine but he still hasn't came back yet so I decided to check on him.

I stopped on my tracks before I could reach the stairs. I don't know what am I doing. It was so natural for me to think that I should check on him now that he's gone for too long when he promised that he'll came back quickly. And I feel like I am not myself. This isn't like me.

I don't care about people. All I care about is winning the game but why am I here, trying to walk down the stairs and find where Loki is?

Or is this the real me? Am I being too attached to Loki?

Oh, fuck. This isn't what I wanted. I don't want him to think that I'm being too clingy or I'm being depende on him!

I don't want to get used of him being around me. I know that our lives were so complicated. Our lives weren't simple because of the fucking chess game that we're playing. So being like this to him might be so wrong.

"His Royal Highness is at the lounge with the visitor, Your Majesty."

I almost jumped in surprise because someone suddenly talked at my back. I turned around and saw the servant who served me the firsy day that I came here looking at me.

"I'm not fucking asking you." I said, totally pissed off that she saw me in that state. Almost out of myself because of what I'm thinking that I haven't even felt her presence.

Fuck! Loki could affect me this much!

"I apologize, Your Majesty." she even bowed down and walked when I called her attention.

"Hey." she looked back at me. "Where did you say... Where did say Loki is?"

She flashed me that irritating smile again and I just rolled my eyes to hide my blush. Fucking damn it.

"His Royal Highness is at the lounge, Your Majesty."

I rolled my eyes at her and went down the stairs. Wala na akong panahon para pag-isipan kung itutuloy ko ba ang pagpunta kay Loki o hindi. Not when the servant caught me in the act.

Just fuck. I'm just not used at being like this. Finding someone just because they've been gone for too long when they left while we're in the middle of eating our breakfast. I'm not used at everything that's happening around me lately. But Loki made me feel that this is just a normal thing. That I shouldn't worry about anything and enjoy myself.

He really did spoil me. He's always asking what I wanted to do and he will make it happen in a blink of an eye. And I appreciate him for that.

It's just that... I still have my doubts. I really want to enjoy being with him but I can't help to think about the game from time to time.

We're still enemies and I'm the Queen. I did unforgivable things to them and I'm worried that Loki might be doing all of this just to hurt me.

It was so hard for me to trust other people. Not when my father, the first person I thought would be my ally, was the first one who betrayed and hurt me. The first person whom I thought would protect me.

Not when the Pierre, the person whom I thought would help, ended up hurting and betraying me as well.

I really wanna trust Loki. But... I just can't. Especially with our circumstances.

"The Duke also wants you to settle over this... mess, Your Royal Highness."

I heard a male voice before I could even see them. Sitting at one-seater sofa is Loki, his legs were crossed and he's holding a white envelope with a red crest in the middle. Across him is a man, dressed like his bodyguards, sitting straight as he talked to him.