Chapter 21

The moment I reached the last step of the stairs, all eyes were on me. Why not? It is not everyday that I will go out of the room to have a meal with them. That's why I can't blame them when they had that look in their eyes like I just did a magic trick in front of them.

I just raised an eyebrow at them and stride my way towards the dining area. I caught the grin from the man in a hoodie jacket when he saw me entered the room. I just rolled my eyes and his shoulders shook when he chuckled.

He was the one who kept on inviting me to have a meal with them. He would visit me every meal time, asking me if I would join them or he will just bring my food inside my room. I would refuse to join them everytime but now... it's different.

Ever since that day when I heard that voice in my head again, I feel like I will just go insane if I just stayed inside the room. Wala akong ibang nakikita. Pare-parehong scenery lang ang nakikita ko sa labas ng bintana. So I decided to accept that man's invitation who introduced himself as Archer. I decided to finally went out of my room to save that little sanity that I still have.

I still have plans. I just can't lose like this. It was just a voice. I'm sure that I will be okay if I pull myself together again.

I eyed the people in the dining room. Some were gaping at me who I'm sure will feel uncomfortable with my presence here. But I saw Auis smirking at me. He even stood up and pulled a chair for me. Doon nya ako pinaupo sa pinakapuno ng lamesa.

"For the Queen." he said playfully and I heard Archer snickered.

I didn't mind them and sat on the chair that Aius offered to me. Tumabi sa akin si Aius. He sat at the end of the table on my right.

Nostalgia came rushing through me. I remember myself sitting in this part of the table back at my house while I was having a meeting with the Red Faction. When we didn't have our own hideout then.

I still feel like a Queen but with different members of the chess pieces now. It confused me. I was captured by them and yet why are they treating me this way like I am also part of their group?

I caught Loki's gaze at me. He was playing with his lips while leaning casually on his chair beside Aius. His sea-green eyes bored into mine. He stared at me for a minute before he leaned in to Aius and whispered something to him. The EL Ordre's King looked at me before he smirked and nodded at Loki.

I frowned and they both stood up at the same time and exchanged their seats. Now, it was Loki who was beside me. I raised an eyebrow at him but he just gave me his infamous mischievous smirk again.

"I'll eat inside my room." said the EL Ordre's Rook and he even took his plate of food with him. Wala nang nakaimik sa kanila at sinundan na lang sya ng tingin.

I just shrugged my shoulders. Well, good thing he did. I'm sure that he'll just throw me dagger looks the whole lunch time if he just stayed here.

"I'll bring food to Alter." said the man whom I remembered as Alter's man. He was the reason why she chose to betray me and be a part of EL Ordre just like that.

He took two plates of food with him and went up to Alter's room. I'm sure that he won't be back until lunch time is over.

"Okay! May gusto pa bang kumain sa loob ng kwarto nila?" Archer said merrily who was obviously trying to lighten up the mood. None of them stood up again but I could tell that they're uncomfortable with me being here.

I crossed my arms. I will not go back inside my room to have my meal alone again. I need a new environment to shut the voice in my head.

I know that I'm far from being like... real crazy. I just can't forget those horrible things that I've experienced that it even haunts me today.