Chapter 81

I was feeling lightheaded when I opened my eyes as I felt the pain from my back and all over my body. But it was gone the moment I felt someone's holding my hand. His hands was so warm as he enveloped mine with it.

I was in an unfamiliar large room, lying on the bed. The sun was bright as its light goes through the glass panel wall of the room.

I looked to my side and I saw Loki who's staring down at me. He was holding my left hand with his large hands and kissed the back of it. The warmth from his lips travelled till it reached my heart.

Seeing him here beside me made my eyes teared up. His sea-green eyes that felt like it has been so many years since I last saw it.

"Loki..." I whispered his name. Kasabay noon ay ang pagtulo ng luha sa mga mata ko.

Loki immediately wiped the tears off my cheeks. But it flowed like a damn river when I felt the warmth of his hand on my cheeks. He just keeps on wiping my tears as he stares down at me. He's still looking at me with gentleness in his eyes like I didn't hurt him from the last time that I saw him.

Fuck... I missed him so much.

"I'm so sorry..." I said, remembering how he knelt and how he begged for me to stay with him.

"Shh..."

"I chose you back there, Loki." I sobbed. "I chose to protect you. You were wounded. You were not in a good condition to fight. And they can't hurt King Lancer—"

"Shh, Eresh..." Loki cut me off. "I know..."

I cried even more. I was feeling so emotional now that he's here beside. All my fears and worries had suddenly gone away.

Maybe, it's okay to let myself be weak once in awhile, right? I tried so hard to look so strong back there at the forest even if I was feeling so scared. Scared that I'll die and I wouldn't see Loki again. Kaya okay lang naman siguro na maging mahina muna ako sa ngayon.

"Lay down beside me, please." I said as I was not contended with only the warmth from his hands.

Loki made a small smile before he did what I asked him. He laid down beside me slowly and carefully. That's when I remembered that he has a stab wounds.

Ginawa kong unan ang isang braso nya. He pulled me closer to him in a gentle way until it was now his chest that became my pillow. His other arm was supporting my back so I wouldn't feel hurt or uncomfortable.

"How's your wound?" I asked. Iniingatan ko rin na huwag masagi ang mga sugat nya.

I heard him sighed before he hugged me even more.

"I should be the one asking you. How are you feeling?"

"My back hurts so much." I told him the truth. He'll know if I'm lying anyway. "Will I be okay?"

What if I hurt my spine? I don't want to have a hunchback. I mean, best poisture is also one way to look confident.

Still, I know those gunshot wounds will leave a scar on me.

"You will." Loki answered.

He didn't say anything after that, nor gave me any assurance that I will really be okay which made me confused. He wasn't like that before. He will tell me things I needed to hear to boost my confidence.

But that's okay for me. Everything is okay now that he's here with me.

"The baby is fine as well, Eresh."

I looked at Loki. Bahagya pa akong napabangon para makita ang buong mukha nya. My back began to hurt because of my sudden movement but I just ignored the pain.